6mm ack or 25/06 ack

after deciding to get the 6mm ack barrel I picked up a rem 700 bdl in 25/06 with a 6x redfield for $245 from a friend. maybe the 25/06 ack now

Your friend have anymore 700 BDL's with a .473" bolt face for $245? He can keep the scope, rings and bases... :D

a couple of years ago I bought a ruger security six stainless 357 for $125 and a rem 700 ss 7mm mag for three fifty. that included leupold basses and rings

a couple of years ago I bought a ruger security six stainless 357 for $125 and a rem 700 ss 7mm mag for three fifty. that included leupold basses and rings

Years back a buddy told me there was mint Marlin .444 setting in the used gun section at one of the larger sporting goods stores. I wanted one real bad, so I dropped by for a look. Salesman said a guy bought it about six weeks ago, and brought it back due to the recoil. They wanted $165, which was a steal at just over half price. Told the guy I'd take it if he threw in two boxes of ammo. (back then Remington loaded it all, and was about twenty-four dollars a box). Of course the sales guy said no, but his boss said I was the only person who'd looked it. I got the two boxes of ammo and the gun for $175.
But then I find out there are another three boxes of ammo with one box having three rounds shot out of it.
gary

I vote for the 25-06 Ackley. Go with a 7 or 8" twist barrel. You will be able to take advantage of the high bc bullets that are on the horizon.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.