655 Yard buck with MCR 338-408 Chey-Tac

Way cool! loved the vapor trail. great hit. Very professionaly executed shot/vapor/video combo. A joy to watch.

Nice shootin! I went to school at BloomU and have put in some time in those parts. Now I hunt west of State College and even went out to Idaho this year. Put a bull elk on the ground at 999 yards! We brought a video camera to record the kills, but none of the footage came out right. What did you use for this one?

Not to be rude, but personally that's not hunting to me.

Lets see... You are on a site called Long Range Hunting and your second comment is to call a long range hunting shot, "not hunting."

I'll go out on a limb and suspect your existence here is "to be rude."

Last edited:
I've got to agree with tachunter. Your on a long range hunting site and watched a long range hunting video, but that's not hunting to you. Your entitled to your opinion and so am I. I think I can speak for quite a few of us on here and not to be rude but,

GET THE HELL OFF "LONG RANGE HUNTING" THEN !!!!!!

:D

Stalking is not the only way to" hunt" any hunter can stalk and shoot game from 50 yards,but not every hunter can take a LongRange hunting shot over 500yards:rolleyes:

300R, Let me help you out. Please refrain from displaying your lack of intelligence to the entire world. If you're telling me that a true hunter takes longer shots and any hunter can stalk to 50 yds you might want to have a cat scan done on your cranium sir. Take a bow out this season and let me know your results.

As for the rest of you, I'm not trying to be rude and it's just my personal opinion. I'm on here to see rifles and the capabilities they have. The different rifles and accuracy they hold is what intrigues me. I like to see what guys are using. I have to say I really like some of the rifles on here. I'll just hold my comments about hunting to myself and keep the bow in my hand during deer season. The rifles are what I'm interested in anyways.

Let me correct you as i didn't say a true hunter only shoots longrange!!I said stalking is not the only way to hunt!Sorry for "my" lack of intelligence on display.I found the key to stalking was patience and a good understanding of the animals movements this is something i find easier to do than doping wind at 1000yards,which takes a lot of practice,anyway i might just take the bow out this weekend!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.