6 woa

roughneck

anyone have experience with this one?

im looking to start reloading 75 and 87 v maxes as well as 80 grain sierra sbts.

18.5" shilen by dan carey, its bad to the bone cant wait to shoot it.

I have a 6mm PDK that is very similar. It is a 6.8 spc based cartridge that is necked down with the shoulder moved forward. I use it for deer and groundhogs. I have loaded 100 grain sierra gamekings and 85 grain TSX barnes for deer and 63 grain varmint grenades for groundhogs. I am shooting these from a Krieger barrel with 1in7.5 twist IIRC. I have not gotten the TSX bullets to shoot as tight out of this gun. Accuracy is certainly acceptable for deer hunting (1.5" @ 125 yds) but the other bullets that I mentioned will shoot around an inch at that range. I have to fire form and, while being interesting is somewhat of a drag after a while. I have to look at my notes but I remember that Varget and H4895 have given good results with both bullets. both of these cartridges have a nice balance of case capacity to caliber. I don't know what your intended use will be but it will be a very fun and capable round for target, varmint and even deer when you keep the range reasonable.

I shoot one and find that Varget works best with most bullets from the 58 v-max up to nosler 105s most loads at 27gr to 28.5 being maxed. if you load the 105 you will have to single load but it is very actuate to 600yds . I have a load sheet from WOA ,sent me a pm and I will sent you a copy

i may can help out others now.

ive got lots of good groups out of my little bolt gun. some as small as .115-.121.... id say thats pretty darn good for a 7.5 lb bolt action.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.