6 Dasher or 6 Gt?

I'm looking to build a rifle to shoot long range, deer hunt, coyote hunt, in the 6mm caliber, and use less powder than the 243 and 6mm rem. What I'm really looking for is pros and cons with the dasher and gt. Also what is everyone running for brass, primers, powder, bullets in each? And what results are you seeing ?
I own a couple 6mm Dasher Rifles, a Borden Super Short 6 action with the magazine that came with the action and a Curtis AXIOM Action with ACCURATE MAG WSM magazine. Both feed the 6mm Dasher rounds with 87grn and 105grn bullets flawlessly without any modifications.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't like the case, happens to be one of my favourite rifles. It's super accurate, very fast. But it eats the throat pretty quicker, it is the only rifle I've ever had carbon rings appear, it's slightly harder on brass, slightly more expensive to feed. I went 6 creed for ease over the br variants. I got my bra last year and I was mistaken. The 105's at 2850-2950 is plenty fast enough, absolutely insanely accurate and easy to tune is an understatement. I've never seen anything like it. I'm super happy with the creed, but if I had experienced the bra I don't think I'd own a 6 creed. The lack of recoil is awesome!

Now trying to figure out what to do with the 6 creed, thinking of repurposing it for hunting. Will be heavy as it was more Initially set up as match rig. The 6bra and my 25 creed see much higher mileages vs my 6 creed now
Have you loaded the 6 creed down to same velocity as the bra? You mention better barrel life and less recoil. I'm wondering ifthey'd be identical if they shot identical.

Last year I converted a shot out 6mm Remington to a 6GT and I'll never go back!

The GT has shot every load I've tried and ES/SD in this cartridge is absolutely amazing. I've tried the 105 Bergers, 103 ELD's, 108 ELD's and the 95gr Sierra TGK. All can get to single digit ES/SD with very little effort. So far I've racked up a 300yd doe antelope and several whitetail with outstanding results using the 105 hybrid.

Shooting a 24" Bartlien and Varget, I'm getting an easy 2950 with the 105's and can push to 3050 without pressure.

Coolest thing so far is I recently ordered some 80gr Hammer Hunters and can get to 3400fps with barely a flattened primer. Still in the initial load work process but a 10 shot group across 4 grains of powder all went into an inch! I've picked the 3325fps load (not at home, cant remember exact charge weight of Varget) due to insane ES/SD (low single digits) and to stay away from pressure. Going to start out using for coyotes but I wouldn't be scared to shoot a whitetail with this load under 200yds.