6.8 spc to 6.5x47 lapua on a 700

Just wondering how much trouble it would be to go from a 6.8 spc to 6.5x47 lapua on a Rem. 700?

I dont have the SAMMI dimensions on the 6.5x47 because they are in metric and I cant tell
if the 6.5x47 is larger than the 6.8 SPC but it looks like it is . maybe someone has the dimensions
in inches for a good comparison.

If the case is larger and will clean up the 6.8 It should be easy to change to the 6.5x47.

The 6.5x47 is a very good cartrige and would be worth the trouble.

J E CUSTOM

The 6.8 SPC is based on the old 30 Rem. case. It is smaller than a 6.5x47. I have never had a SPC bolt in my hand so I don't know the diameter of the BF but, I'd guess that it is smaller.

Yeah,

I think the bolt face is smaller. I guess this would be the biggest problem. If I can't trade for this one really cheap, I might wait for something better to show up. I don't think you guys like to mess with opening up the BF.

Thanks for the info!

6.8 SPC
68spc-bg.gif

The bolt face will have to be opened up and a Sako extractor installed or a PTG bolt installed and re barreled feed rails on the action may need milling also

You might be better off to trade or sell the 6.8 action or rifle for a standard (.308) boltface action or rifle if you are going to that cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts