6-6.5x47 Lapua in LA?

Greywolf18

Is it possible to make a 6-6.5x47 Lapua (also seen it call a 6X47 Lapua) in a LA (specifically an old 30-06)? I am sure it is possible, but would it be better and cheaper to buy a donor SA and build it off of that? Would there be any problems in using the LA? Thanks for the help.

One of the only problems could be is feeding. might notwork so well because the case is so short.

there is heaps of room on a rem700SA! even with 115grs seated wayyyy out

Don't believe there would be a problem! All need be done is put a 'block' in the magazine well....and if you wanted a DBM....that could be worked up also!!

I built an NRA course rifle in 6x47 Swiss Match back in 01/02 on a m70 P64. The only issue I had was feeding as the case lacks the taper common to most cartridges. Took a little fussing with feed lips and follower but it eventually worked just fine.

The cases are very similar (identical almost) so I don't think you'll have too much trouble.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.