6.5x284 Norma neck tension

I gave up on the 6.5-284 years ago, because of the limited barrel life. 1,200 rounds was all I coould get out of several barrels, using 4831.
I would say you are correct on your round count I am waiting on my third barrel at this time on my second barrel I started Molly coating my bullets I went up to 1500 rounds and it still going granted not like when it was new but I'm still hitting target out to 1000 although groups have slightly opened up my new barrel will be here soon

I gave up on the 6.5-284 years ago, because of the limited barrel life. 1,200 rounds was all I coould get out of several barrels, using 4831.
That's 8-12 years of use for one of my LRH rifles. Slower burners like Retumbo can give both better velocities and barrel life, 1500+......This will be typical when generating 3000FPS with the 6.5's....although I've found barrel life to be not that much different for my 270, 7mm, and 30's driven at the same speeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.