6.5 SS / 150 Matrix vs Whitetail

elkaholic

I didn't get a crack at any elk opening day but couldn't stand to pass up this nice 20" whitetail at last light. He was quartering heavily toward me at 175 yards and took the 150 Matrix right on the point of the shoulder. The MV was 3120' and the penetration at high velocity continues to impress. The bullet took out the large shoulder bone, traveled completely through the thickest part of the shoulder, blew a 2 1/2" hole through the ribcage, and took out the heart, lung, and part of the liver........Rich DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

Thanks guys. The 150's are working out well up to 440 so far. I am still hoping to pop something at long range.......Rich

Nice buck Rich! Looks like your design and the 150 Matrix are working really well together. Will be building a 6.5 Sherman soon I think.

Nice buck Rich! Looks like your design and the 150 Matrix are working really well together. Will be building a 6.5 Sherman soon I think.

Thanks! I think you will really like the 6.5. With these new heavy for caliber, high b.c. bullets, low recoil, etc., it makes a pretty nice round.......Rich

That's great performance with the 150's, & a nice buck to boot Rich, well done. I'm hoping that my 6.5 SS will be up & running by Wisconsin's rifle season. I've got some 160 Matrix & 50 new cases resized ready & waiting to be fire formed. "Hurry up Smith, but don't rush it." I'd love to christen my Sherman this season.

That's great performance with the 150's, & a nice buck to boot Rich, well done. I'm hoping that my 6.5 SS will be up & running by Wisconsin's rifle season. I've got some 160 Matrix & 50 new cases resized ready & waiting to be fire formed. "Hurry up Smith, but don't rush it." I'd love to christen my Sherman this season.

I have heard Wi. has some bigns' :D I'm sure with that 30" barreled laser you are building will do the job!.......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts