6.5 SHERMAN SHORTS WITH 156 BERGER

I'd love to ship you my barreled action and have you tell me what I'm doing wrong.
You might have a slow barrel or something but my normal load is 3234 fps with 140 Bergers and H4831 that's with some early 7 SAUM brass, I haven't even ran the new ADG brass.

You might have a slow barrel or something but my normal load is 3234 fps with 140 Bergers and H4831 that's with some early 7 SAUM brass, I haven't even ran the new ADG brass.
Had an issue pop up today with my bolt face, it's being sent off and the barrel pulled to be looked at.

I thought I would get a thread going which would focus on the new 156 Berger. If you have a 6.5 SS or SST, post your results.
I got out today to test them for the first time and also the first time using N565. I mostly just shot to establish max and try a couple seating depts but am impressed so far with velocity and potential accuracy. I'll have to make another trip to establish max because I hadn't reached any pressure signs yet at 3035' behind 60 grains and that was the top load I had. I'm really liking the way this bullet sits in the case with a coal of around 2.920". Looks like it will be a sweet combo. The top 3 charges at 58, 59, and 60 went into 3/8". Ill try to run a ladder test when I get more time. View attachment 144707 View attachment 144708 View attachment 144709
Rich, is this with the SST or SST II reamer?

I had a similar issue with a savage in the 6.5 Norma. It always pressures out sooner than normal. I never had the gun looked at but one of the smiths at the range told me a loose chamber will pressure out sooner than a correct cut chamber. I'm not exactly sure what it means but I suspect it has something to do with how much the case has to expand in relation to the chamber or the actually size of the chamber. Any ways I just shot it and it still produced good accuracy but never reached any blistering speed of it. It ran the 140 around 2880. I still never understood how a loose chamber would do this. Anyway need to re-barrel it now.