6.5/257 weatherby with 156 Berger ?

Does anyone have some experience with this wildcat? A 257 weatherby necked up to 6.5 I would think it would propel the 156 Berger along real well if throated properly. Anyone has some opinion?
Brother, as @big johnson noted, it is similar to .264 WM. You can call Berger tech support for powder recommendations; they have been very supportive every time I call. I have a plane Jane .264 WM 26" 1:7" 5R, unlike @Mike from Texas bad arse .264 WM improved. 😇 Mike, I am looking forward to some field reports and harvests.

I used one of the 6.5-257 Weatherby years ago with excellent results with lighter weight bullets.

Then I went back to the .264 Winchester Mag. with similar results.

Now I'm working with the 6.5 Weatherby RPM which mirrors the x 257 almost exactly. There are lots of little finesses you can apply when you order a chamber reamer to augment the performance between similar cartridges of the same caliber. But for the most part the velocities will be very close and accuracy depends on the entire system (including you), not just the cartridge.

Be sure to check the bullet choice with the twist rate you need to keep it stable.

Of those three cartridges, I have no favorite as they all perform well in my rifles using 26" barrels.

The 6.5 Weatherby RPM has a slight edge using the 135 gr. Super Bulldozer-2. The 156 is waiting for more testing.

Enjoy the process!

:)