6.5-06 and 156 Berger

The 6.5-06 and A.I. version are only .030" shorter chamber than a Sherman version.
That said, a high b c bullet like a Berger, even in a 140 class, is going to be inside the case considerably at 3.4".

If I remember correctly my nephew's 6.5x06AI that I put together for him was somewhere around 3.46 C.O.A.L with the 140 Berger at the neck shoulder junction about .040 off the lands.
It's in the neighborhood of 3.50- 3.51 to the lands

Last edited:
The 6.5-06 and A.I. version are only .030" shorter chamber than a Sherman version.
That said, a high b c bullet like a Berger, even in a 140 class, is going to be inside the case considerably at 3.4".
I'm looking to build a 6.5-06AI and want to shoot the 140 & 156 Bergers. I'll be using a standard Remmy 700 action from a 30-06. With BDL what would be the max coal I could use in the mag? I'm talking to smiths right now to find someone with the right reamer to make sure I have enough throat to maximize case capacity.
Thanks for your help.....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts