6.5 SHERMAN SHORTS WITH 156 BERGER

So, I've had my 6.5SS for almost a year and have not had a chance to even fire form brass yet. Life has been in the way, new house build, work, kids sports, etc. have just all been crazy this year. I am finally getting around to setting up my reloading equipment in the new house and plan to start fire forming and load development in the next few weeks. my question is on powder temp stability. I live in south Texas, so it's hot most of the year, I've read quite a bit, that RL26 and N565 start to really pressure up when temps get in the mid 80's and up, which is most of the year here. My concern is, if I develop a load now, temps in the 50's and 60' most days, am I going to be in trouble in a few months when we start getting back in the 80's and 90's, and 100's shortly after? I built this rifle specifically for long range hunting, mainly deer, but will take it Elk hunting in 2021 as well. Also, plan is to run 156 Berger's pretty much exclusively. Rifle specs are

Curtis Custom Axiom Hybrid Action
Trigger Tech Special
Proof Sendero Lite 24"
Manners EH1 with Curtis DBM and Alpha Mag
Still deciding on scope, but threw one of my Vortex PST 3-15's on it for now. Trying to find a light weight FFP scope in 3-15/4-16 range is pretty dang tough. Was going to try a March, but got scared when US support went away.
Take a look at Maven rs1 ffp

Take a look at Maven rs1 ffp

Never heard of them, but I like that scope, looks to be a pretty good option. I just wish it had a zero stop. I'm going to wait and see if anything comes out a shot show that might work for what I am looking for, but thanks for the heads up on the Mavens

Bringing this thread back to life. I'm waiting to build a 6.5 in a 22-23" bartlein barrel for a lightweight hunting rig. I plan to run the berger 156 in it and run it on Remington short action with wyatts extended mag box. What twist would you guys recommend for this set-up? I want to be able to get the 156 over 3k fps of possible so which chamber should I go with?

Bringing this thread back to life. I'm waiting to build a 6.5 in a 22-23" bartlein barrel for a lightweight hunting rig. I plan to run the berger 156 in it and run it on Remington short action with wyatts extended mag box. What twist would you guys recommend for this set-up? I want to be able to get the 156 over 3k fps of possible so which chamber should I go with?
For twist rate 1-8 will work but I would use a 7.5, as far as chamber any of the 6.5 will work.
Richard Sherman has 6.5 ss, 6.5 sst 6.5 max these are all mag.

I want to stay in a true short action and be able to mag feed so I think the max is out of the question correct? What would be velocity gain or advantage to the sst over the ss?

I want to stay in a true short action and be able to mag feed so I think the max is out of the question correct? What would be velocity gain or advantage to the sst over the ss?
If you are going to use a Remington action with a Wyatt box go to the Hawkin mag short action clip look it up

True Rem SA is what? 2.880"? But most custom actions will allow a 2.950 or 3" OAL through their bottom loading port. AICS mags will allow 2.950-2.970'ish coal but the better question is how much do you want to jump the bullet. If just 20 or 30 thou you will need a shorter throat. If .100" plus you'll want the longer throat. The SST has two reamers with different throat lengths.

The 156's will have a long COAL. In fact, these days I always choose short throated reamers when I have barrels chambered and then use a uni-throater to lengthen the throat to where I need it using a dummy round once I get my hands on the barrel.

Using the SST II reamer a 156 was 3.005" to the lands on a new barrel for me. A .120" jump would seat a 156 pretty deep in the case at 2.880" but it would fit in just about every mag. I've settled on 147 ELDMs at 2.910" because they shoot so well and allow for a lot of room in the case. That's jumping about 80 to 90 thou. I've killed antelope the last three years with a single shot past 600yds. I chose a 1:8" to be easier on bullets and at 6,000ft ASL it's plenty stable with long bullets. I don't plan on shooting monos.