6.5 Sherman 160 Matrix

WOW, the buck got messed up!! Dad has been spitting distance from getting to hit the giggle switch but something has gone wrong each time, it'll come together this next week, even if he has to go find some whitetail gun)

WOW, the buck got messed up!! Dad has been spitting distance from getting to hit the giggle switch but something has gone wrong each time, it'll come together this next week, even if he has to go find some whitetail gun)

Ya, that was pretty good penetration and lots of damage.
Hate to admit it but I blew the tenderloins out of mine:D
Shooting over your right shoulder in a terrible position doesn't do much for accuracy! The damage was definitely there though.

Here is yet another pic but I think it kind of tells the tale of how far the bullet penetrated. If you look closely, you will see the jacket under the skin......Rich get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Nice pics, looks like the 160 is working great.. This round def has got me thinking of a light weight sheep/goat gun with some great ballistics.. thx for sharing

Rich, I'm still chomping at the bit to build a 6.5 Sherman...These kind of threads really aren't helping me to save up money for bills to try to get ahead. :D

If I do convert my A-Bolt II to a standard bolt head ($60) I will most likely make it my switch-barrel rifle and it will become the .280 A.I. / 6.5 Sharman rifle. Having 3 rifles of the same caliber is kind of redundant...Why not take the opportunity to convert the easiest and cheapest one to build, and make it something new and cool. :D

Nice pics, looks like the 160 is working great.. This round def has got me thinking of a light weight sheep/goat gun with some great ballistics.. thx for sharing

It would make a great long range carry rifle for sure! The reamers are ready when you guys are........Rich

Told a guy today I would buy his barrel if he will sell it. Shilen 26" stainless in a varmint contour. Chambered for 260 right now. If he will do this I will have you send the Sherman no turn reamer asap or I can send the barrel to you and have you have it chambered. All I would need is the head space guage to set it up.

Told a guy today I would buy his barrel if he will sell it. Shilen 26" stainless in a varmint contour. Chambered for 260 right now. If he will do this I will have you send the Sherman no turn reamer asap or I can send the barrel to you and have you have it chambered. All I would need is the head space guage to set it up.

I could ship you the reamer and go gauge whenever you want. I could also get some dies going from Whidden. PM me and we can discuss......Rich

Have to admit, you guys have me hot and bothered abouth this 6.5 sherman/ 160matrix combo...
If my math is right, you are maintaining 1100 ft/lbs of energy @ 1000yds.. I live in NH, and regularly sit grassy swamps ( 2-400 yd shots). My best friend and hunting buddy just moved to Wyoming. I have a beat up 700 I would love to build, but like everyone else, money is tight, so I need to get it right the first time. Ihave so many questions.. how are the 160's with seating depth/ feed issues? Does it make sense to put the sherman ss into a LA? How do I get dies made for a rcbs rockchucker? Are there any gunsmiths with a reamer? I have been reloading for 5 yrs, so i'm not a total novice, but would like all the help & guidance I can get..

Have to admit, you guys have me hot and bothered abouth this 6.5 sherman/ 160matrix combo...
If my math is right, you are maintaining 1100 ft/lbs of energy @ 1000yds.. I live in NH, and regularly sit grassy swamps ( 2-400 yd shots). My best friend and hunting buddy just moved to Wyoming. I have a beat up 700 I would love to build, but like everyone else, money is tight, so I need to get it right the first time. Ihave so many questions.. how are the 160's with seating depth/ feed issues? Does it make sense to put the sherman ss into a LA? How do I get dies made for a rcbs rockchucker? Are there any gunsmiths with a reamer? I have been reloading for 5 yrs, so i'm not a total novice, but would like all the help & guidance I can get..

Rich has everything you need. Contact him and he will hook you up.

My rifle likes the 160 at .100 off lands. FYI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 48
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.