6.5SS RL33 160 Matrix

Very cool wildcat.
Followed your earlier thread on this round with great interests.

What I can't understand is how your getting so much powder in the case?
Those Matrix must be seated a way down the neck no?
I struggle to seat bullets over 65grns of powder in my 7mm saum.

The reason the case will hold that much RL33 is it is much more dense than other extruded powders. It will hold as much as some of the ball powders would be......Rich

Rich,
Living in Idaho do you worry at all about the temp instability of Reloader powders? I have shot some fantastic groups over the years with RL powders but the velocity variation between hot and cold was enough with RL 19-25 that I moved away from them. I have no experience with RL33 but have found through testing that the H extreme powders and Ramshot are pretty temp stable. I am more or less looking for an education here. Thanks and nice work on the SS.

Rich,
Living in Idaho do you worry at all about the temp instability of Reloader powders? I have shot some fantastic groups over the years with RL powders but the velocity variation between hot and cold was enough with RL 19-25 that I moved away from them. I have no experience with RL33 but have found through testing that the H extreme powders and Ramshot are pretty temp stable. I am more or less looking for an education here. Thanks and nice work on the SS.

I don't use the other RL powders much for the same reason, but I'm told that RL 33 is much better. Someone told me it is more affected by etreme cold than heat. Anyway, if that is true, you sure can't beat the velociy and so far ES seems good. RL 33 is made by a company in Switzerland....Rich

Rich,
Love your work. I would love to see more pictures of your tunes and the work being done to them. You mentioned that a reamer and dies are available? I'm collecting what I need for my build and I'm split between 6.5 SS and 6.5 4S saum. I like the saum because a lot of info is out there and quite a few guns have been made in it, but I see a few modifications in the 6.5 SS that make it..... Better. :) there is a gunsmith here in Canada who has a 6.5 saum reamer. But you mention the availability of one? Is it just reamer info or would you be so kind as to rent one? And dies? I've never had to do custom dies and I'm a bit nervous about it. I would love to be one of the first to use the 6.5 SS up here. I believe the 6.5 is gonna shine. 7mm is king here now, but the 6.5 prince is ready to take over. Thank you for responding to my other inquiries. I've ready everything on the 6.5 SS multiple times. Thanks again.

Matt

Rich,
Love your work. I would love to see more pictures of your tunes and the work being done to them. You mentioned that a reamer and dies are available? I'm collecting what I need for my build and I'm split between 6.5 SS and 6.5 4S saum. I like the saum because a lot of info is out there and quite a few guns have been made in it, but I see a few modifications in the 6.5 SS that make it..... Better. :) there is a gunsmith here in Canada who has a 6.5 saum reamer. But you mention the availability of one? Is it just reamer info or would you be so kind as to rent one? And dies? I've never had to do custom dies and I'm a bit nervous about it. I would love to be one of the first to use the 6.5 SS up here. I believe the 6.5 is gonna shine. 7mm is king here now, but the 6.5 prince is ready to take over. Thank you for responding to my other inquiries. I've ready everything on the 6.5 SS multiple times. Thanks again.

Matt

Hi Matt.....thanks for the interest! Yes, I have the reamer and custom dies available. PM me for the details......Rich

Will there be a .270 SS? Would be interested to see what numbers it'll run with the 150s and maybe even the Matrix 165s.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts