6.5 PRC with Berger 144 Hybrid

I have not had a problem with 156gr opening up but I think it is a good idea and I am buying a hand drill and some#65 bits to open the tips
The tip on the 156 is already opened up. Here they are with no tip mod, 144 left and 156 right. The #65 almost falls in the hollow point of the 156 without any resistance!
image.jpg

Last edited:
The tip on the 156 is already opened up. Here they are with no tip mod, 144 left and 156 right. The #65 almost falls in the hollow point of the 156 without any resistance!View attachment 426279
If you are shooting 156 gr you better check. About 1/3 of mine or nearly closed, maybe from rattling around in the box during shipment. Here I open one up for comparison

Attachments

• 156gr berger.jpg
    156gr berger.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 27
Can you take a pic or describe how you are drilling these out as I bought a #60 Bit and it is tiny and I cannot figure out how to drill this out?

If you are shooting 156 gr you better check. About 1/3 of mine or nearly closed, maybe from rattling around in the box during shipment. Here I open one up for comparison
I always make sure the tips are good on all my Bergers. I don't drill them out though unless you're talking about the 144 or other Hybrid. I fix them with a Leather Smith tool. It's a oversized pin I can correct the tip with.

Last edited:
I always make sure the tips are good on all my Bergers. I don't drill them out though unless you're talking about the 144 or other Hybrid. I fix them with a Leather Smith tool. It's a oversized pin I can correct the tip with.
I got the little hand drill after reading this thread. $8 on amazon and works well.