Berger 144 VLDH in 6.5 CM

I think you have a winner right where you are. Remember, the 'standard velocity' for 140 class bullets out of a creed is 2710. Add the standard 'reloaders advantage', and that get's you right where you are now. As stated above, accuracy trumps velocity every time. If your velocity was 2680 or something like that, we would all be telling you that there is another node or two above that. You may or may not find another node above where you are now. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but if you haven't already done it, pull out your ballistic calculator and run the numbers, and see what it really gains you to pick up another xx fps. I have come to realize that the extra effort and components that are burned are better spent at the long range validating dope, and learning the rifle/load. Just my 2 cents. Definitely let us know which direction you go, and what sort of results you get.

Thanks. I'm going to test that Berger load at longer ranges and see how it does.

My initial loads with the 136 Scenar were looking more like patterns than groups, but I did another batch and shot them in 5 shot groups round robin fashion and may have found another load worth pursuing. The group's below are about 1% different in charge weight. The outlier on lower left group might have been me, might have been wind, but overall seems like the clear winner of these four loads. Anything I'm not thinking of, or should I run with these two loads?

Does it make sense to shoot without the Magnetospeed at this point? I know it can shift POI, not sure if it can affect harmonics and grouping?

Attachments

• IMG_7722.JPG
    IMG_7722.JPG
    319.1 KB · Views: 118
I don't use the magneto speed for groups. I do my speed testing and group testing separately. once my magneto speed gives up and I get a lab radar I will do both at the same time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.