6.5 PRC with 140 Berger Elites?

I shoot the 140 Berger EH in my 6.5 saum….the case is very similar to the PRC. Please don't just copy the load but if you want to try a new powder this has worked for me. I use ADG, fed 210m (gave me lower ES than the 215m) and I am using 61.2 of h1000 out of a 24" proof. Barrel is broken in and the magneto says 3068 with single digit ES.

With my load I've shot a 3 shot group that bugholed but that load is consistently .5 or better. I got onto the RL25 because I havnt found RL26 in over 3 years...

I'm running the 140 Elites over 55.9 grains of RL26 in ADG brass and BR2 primers. Zero signs of pressure and 1/2 moa. Haven't ran it through the chrono yet.

I know all the specs are correct except the powder, both the variety and weight. I haven't even received the rifle, it was just mailed out Thursday. But McWhorter developed the load and reported the details once they were finished up.
I don't know much about reloading, which is one reason I joined this group......some of you guys really amaze me....this is not simple science.
Anyway, the only reason I assumed RL 26 is that's what they used in a 6.5saum that I bought recently. I sold it, with a tear in my eye, b/c the weight and length were more than I wanted. Hence the new build, except this time I chose 6.5prc.
Maybe I shouldn't assume that they'd use the same powder for the SAUM and PRC. I will find out and report back.
This site, with all the knowledge and info, is addicting......it's almost made me dive headfirst into reloading and trying to bang gongs at 1000yds. Terrible time to start this hobby though.
So did they use RL26? And we're the loads what you thought?

Recent Posts