I picked up a Win 30 WSM in the Super Shadow for cheap and rebarreled and chambered for the 6.5 PRC. It did have the blind magazine but I found some bottom furniture and put it on a different stock and all works well. Talked to a fella that bought a Christensen Arms for around the same money I have in mine and he said it is a great shooter so that might be an option to look at.

I picked up a Win 30 WSM in the Super Shadow for cheap and rebarreled and chambered for the 6.5 PRC. It did have the blind magazine but I found some bottom furniture and put it on a different stock and all works well. Talked to a fella that bought a Christensen Arms for around the same money I have in mine and he said it is a great shooter so that might be an option to look at.

Did the 6.5 PRC cartridge fit in your blind mag before you changed it out?

CTL

It sounds like your trying to build a kinda custom gun inexpensively and don't intend to make the most of a custom built rig by hand loading to shoot to its potential which is fine, but the money you'll spend in machine work, inletting a stock, a decent trigger, bottom metal, magazines or followers that will make it all work hmmm... In my opinion, there are a good number of quality rifles in that cartridge with all of the bugs already worked out which can easily be had for what you'll spend on your rig or less if you simply rebarrel a Tikka in a WSM cartridge. The potential for sorting out bugs in what you described can be very frustrating. You can get a Bergara Premier for around $1500, a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon for a grand and build the Tikka for less than that.
Just sayin'

It sounds like your trying to build a kinda custom gun inexpensively and don't intend to make the most of a custom built rig by hand loading to shoot to its potential which is fine, but the money you'll spend in machine work, inletting a stock, a decent trigger, bottom metal, magazines or followers that will make it all work hmmm... In my opinion, there are a good number of quality rifles in that cartridge with all of the bugs already worked out which can easily be had for what you'll spend on your rig or less if you simply rebarrel a Tikka in a WSM cartridge. The potential for sorting out bugs in what you described can be very frustrating. You can get a Bergara Premier for around $1500, a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon for a grand and build the Tikka for less than that.
Just sayin'
Agreed, so says I that did just that. Don't get me wrong, I love my new build but could have gotten the same and maybe better for around the same money.

Colt, I am in the middle of a 6.5 PRC build right now.

I am building mine on a Magnum length Mod 70 so I can seat bullets out far enough to get the maximum case volume to shoot the 143's.

I just received my custom reamer a couple weeks ago, trying to get the time to go visit my smith to chamber it. (my lathe isn't tight enough anymore for barrel work)

I ordered my reamer from Pacific with the leade ground to the dummies I sent and a .294" neck opposed to the standard .298" neck.

I am using a Bartlien 7.5 Twist #3 barrel at 24"

I am taking photos of the project as it progresses, plan to do a complete write up when done.

Colt, I am in the middle of a 6.5 PRC build right now.

I am building mine on a Magnum length Mod 70 so I can seat bullets out far enough to get the maximum case volume to shoot the 143's.

I just received my custom reamer a couple weeks ago, trying to get the time to go visit my smith to chamber it. (my lathe isn't tight enough anymore for barrel work)

I ordered my reamer from Pacific with the leade ground to the dummies I sent and a .294" neck opposed to the standard .298" neck.

I am using a Bartlien 7.5 Twist #3 barrel at 24"

I am taking photos of the project as it progresses, plan to do a complete write up when done.

Short Mag or long mag length?

CTL

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.