6.5 PRC 156 load development

I measured my 3 time fired ADG cases with a micrometer, and my cases are .532 below the mark on the case where they expand in the chamber. Hornady dies. Has anyone talked to Hornady? Same issue with my 300 Norma Improved. Whidden denied the issue but Ryan Pierce got Hornadyvto make dies to size correctly.

Ive had to send a few sets back to whidden for not sizing correctly .. ive had several custom sets of dies made for me by hornady for my 338 REAPER that are money, I also let Ryan know to have them build them for his 300 Norma improved after he was running into issues with clickers before max loads .. hornady fixed the issue.

Exactly the 6.5 saum will do 3100 in a 26" no problem and do it in a true short action!!

wouldn't the 156 be taking up too much case capacity in a true short action to be able to reach 3050-3100fps? Even the 140-147's got to be encroaching pretty good in a short action loaded short action mag length?

I just measured some 3X fired 6.5 PRC full house loads with 156 EOL .530-.5305" fired …. .529" FL sized in hornady hornady match grade FL die set
How old is your die set? I wonder if they changed specs. I have an older set. I'm measuring with a micrometer, and come up with .53295 on most, but like I said, I'm not sure I'm measuring exactly at the correct spot, but the whole area measured about the same. With that said, I'm not having sticky brass. I'm starting over though, I sent my Havak back after 440 rounds. It wouldn't shoot well unless it was very recently cleaned. Seekins replaces the barrel.... and stock, no questions asked! The test targets they sent back with it are killer with 143 Precision Hunter, but I want to run 147's or 156's. I had to bump all of my fire formed brass back about 5 thou to get them to chamber smoothly. I hate trying to do load development on a brand new barrel, so I'm looking for a solid charge to burn through the first 100 rounds. I saw pressure at 58.1 grains of H1000 this morning with the 147, but that was with brass that was pretty tight to chamber. I bumped all the rest of my unfired and loaded 57.0-57.9. I also loaded 55-58 grains for a pressure test with 156's. What jump have you guys ended up liking with the 156? Also, it seems most of the load data I've seen is for N565. I'm looking for some H1000 data also. I've got H1000, RL-26, N565, and N570 but I'd be happy with H1000 in the 2900 range because I've got 4 pounds of it. Input?

How old is your die set? I wonder if they changed specs. I have an older set. I'm measuring with a micrometer, and come up with .53295 on most, but like I said, I'm not sure I'm measuring exactly at the correct spot, but the whole area measured about the same. With that said, I'm not having sticky brass. I'm starting over though, I sent my Havak back after 440 rounds. It wouldn't shoot well unless it was very recently cleaned. Seekins replaces the barrel.... and stock, no questions asked! The test targets they sent back with it are killer with 143 Precision Hunter, but I want to run 147's or 156's. I had to bump all of my fire formed brass back about 5 thou to get them to chamber smoothly. I hate trying to do load development on a brand new barrel, so I'm looking for a solid charge to burn through the first 100 rounds. I saw pressure at 58.1 grains of H1000 this morning with the 147, but that was with brass that was pretty tight to chamber. I bumped all the rest of my unfired and loaded 57.0-57.9. I also loaded 55-58 grains for a pressure test with 156's. What jump have you guys ended up liking with the 156? Also, it seems most of the load data I've seen is for N565. I'm looking for some H1000 data also. I've got H1000, RL-26, N565, and N570 but I'd be happy with H1000 in the 2900 range because I've got 4 pounds of it. Input?

The 156 seems to like .020 -.035 off. Mine likes .025 off. One lot of my h1000 is 57.1 and the other 58.3. so I would start at ~56.5 and work up.

Forgot to mention 2985 in a 26".

ive had them for quite a while cant really remember when I bought them

I may call Hornady to see what they can do. I've found their customer service to be excellent in the past.

I am interested in seeing what they say. All they told me was that was spec. Redding said the same thing but acknowledge it was not enough sizing. No joke? Anyways they said send some brass and they will cut a die. I will have to pay of coarse.

only reason I ask is cause I'm thinking about a 6.5 mag of some sort. The SAUM always interested me. Have a Kelbly atlas tac that I wanted to do a switch barrel set up on but not sure what mag works well as a short action

The 156 seems to like .020 -.035 off. Mine likes .025 off. One lot of my h1000 is 57.1 and the other 58.3. so I would start at ~56.5 and work up.

Forgot to mention 2985 in a 26".

Ryan, what made you go with N565 over H1000 with the 156's? What primer did you end up running?