6.5 Creedmoor shooters

My preference is H4350 but with its limited availability played with some H4831sc which I have quite a lot of. Case capacity is limited using the 143 Hornady ELDX to about 2710FPS Out of my 24" barrel with 45.6gr in Hormady brass. Results are very consistent. Sub .25MOA, SD's under 6. Good temp stability. Very good accuracy out to 1000+ yards.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 132
that stuff is scarce around here.
It's Scarce because people get selfish and stockpile. Just buy what you need for now (8#'s) leave some for your friends.

My go to is 42.4 H-4350, 140 ELDM

I just bought some Berger 140gr Elite Hunters, see if they out shoot the ELDM's. This is used for longrange matches, not hunting.

I hunt with a 6.5 Weatherby and will try the Elite Hunters in it, Pet load is 67.5 H-1000 with 140 VLD Hunting bullets

I was able to get out to 1000 yards yesterday to get some drop data. With my load of 42 grains of rl-17 with norma brass, cci br-2 primers, and a Hornady 140 eld-match according to my drops came out to 2870fps out of my 26in criterion. Accuracy is excellent with this load with 5 shot groups in the .2s at 100 yards. Should mention this was with neck turned brass and the shoulder bumped .003

It's Scarce because people get selfish and stockpile. Just buy what you need for now (8#'s) leave some for your friends.

I just bought some Berger 140gr Elite Hunters, see if they out shoot the ELDM's. This is used for longrange matches, not hunting.

I hunt with a 6.5 Weatherby and will try the Elite Hunters in it, Pet load is 67.5 H-1000 with 140 VLD Hunting bullets
I solved my Creedmoor powder months ago.
I switched to IMR 4451 and haven't looked back.
In fact there was some H4350 on the shelf last week, I didn't even flinch when I seen it. I passed it up and got more H1000 for my Lapua.

My preference is H4350 but with its limited availability played with some H4831sc which I have quite a lot of. Case capacity is limited using the 143 Hornady ELDX to about 2710FPS Out of my 24" barrel with 45.6gr in Hormady brass. Results are very consistent. Sub .25MOA, SD's under 6. Good temp stability. Very good accuracy out to 1000+ yards.

I too had pretty good success with H4831sc but I used it under 140 Hybrids. Got me around 2650 fps, low SD's and 1/2-3/4 moa accuracy out of a 24" factory Howa barrel. Used it in a precision match recently out to 760 yds

Could you please let me know what you find with the 140 elite hunters????
I tried testing different seating depths and they were essentially all the same. I'm using H 4350 f210 primers and nosler brass. Problem is it's been a while since I've tried as starting May 11th I've had major surgeries on my spinal cord that's put me out of the game.

Reviving this thread. Any updates with Reloader 16 or any other powder that's actually possible to find?
Reloder 16 has been great in mine. Almost every charge weight I tried with the 143 eldx was sub moa, and single digit es. I've got some Berger 130 ar hybrids I want to try too, but don't have time...
Edit: Bone stock Savage 12fv

Reloder 16 has been great in mine. Almost every charge weight I tried with the 143 eldx was sub moa, and single digit es. I've got some Berger 130 ar hybrids I want to try too, but don't have time...
Edit: Bone stock Savage 12fv
What speeds are you seeing?

I'm running a light charge of 36.8 grains RL-15 under a 130 Accubond in Starline brass (CBTO 2.256") in my Wby. Mark V Altitude. This is my "close-quarters" woods gun but my son just put one heck of a whoopin' on a big central MD whitetail at 225 yards with this load, which produces .50 MOA. I figure "less is more" - Why burn the extra powder and beat up on yourself and your equipment when the light load is more than sufficient?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.