6.5 Creedmoor

Greg Duerr

Just received my new 6.5 Creedmoor..................Ive looked at the 130gr Berger, 127gr LRX, 129gr LR Accubond, and the 130gr Scirocco..............

any recommendations ...............I don't want to shoot anything larger than the 130 Also need your Powder recommendations.

Thanks

Just received my new 6.5 Creedmoor..................Ive looked at the 130gr Berger, 127gr LRX, 129gr LR Accubond, and the 130gr Scirocco..............

any recommendations ...............I don't want to shoot anything larger than the 130 Also need your Powder recommendations.

Thanks

Why not anything larger than a 130? Id assume these are hunting loads? Out of the ones you just listed Id pick the 130 berger. As for powder the two most popular are going to be H4350 and Rl-17. Ive had great luck with both but my favorite has been Rl-17 because it gets me beter Velocity. Some say its Temperature sensitive but i havent experienced any issues.

For me long Range is out to 400 yards..........................I have not shot past that or have I practiced Past that ..........so for right now the added BC between a 130 and a 140 not going to make much difference for me...........Ive heard a lot of good things about the 127gr LRX

In the Past I shot the 120gr X out of my 7mm-08 is excellent results and great accuracy.......................my longest shot was 344 yards................accuracy out of a factory rifle on a MPI stock was .7

and that was a long shot for me.

For me long Range is out to 400 yards..........................I have not shot past that or have I practiced Past that ..........so for right now the added BC between a 130 and a 140 not going to make much difference for me...........Ive heard a lot of good things about the 127gr LRX

In the Past I shot the 120gr X out of my 7mm-08 is excellent results and great accuracy.......................my longest shot was 344 yards................accuracy out of a factory rifle on a MPI stock was .7

and that was a long shot for me.

How about a 123 sst? That has a BC of .510 and you can launch them at over 3000 fps. Ive seen great performance from the sst on deer.

When I got my 6.5CM, I went with factory ammo since it was **** near the price of new brass at the time. I figured I'd break in the barrel on loaded stuff, and have once fired brass for when I get serious. I have been shooting the Prime 130 ammo (Norma Brass, Norma Golden Match bullet) and it shoots phenominal out of my gun. So much so that I just keep buying it because I'm lazy and can't get any better from my own hand loads. Once I have 1,000 once fired brass, I'll load it all up, but the first 600 I've shot have all been very very good.

Just a thought if you want to buy a couple hundred rounds for break in / plinking, and then have fire formed brass for you accurate stuff since it's not far off the price of brass.

H4350 is a great powder for the creedmoor. I would also throw in the 123 sst/amax into your consideration. good all purpose round.

I stretched the 123 out past 1100 accurately with my creedmoor. CHEAP to boot!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.