6.5 creedmoor

mcharger440

I reloaded my first round's with reloader 17, 41g and 142smk's cci 34 primer got 2905fps and 7" groups are a snap. All this from an old 98mauser im stoked with this little round

That second post makes big difference! I sure like mine, RL-17 has the best velocity in my rifle, but Hunter has given me best groups and SD with 130gr Berger. Yea, better than H4350 and a bit more velocity too! Using win LRM primer as well.

Thanks for the second post, I reread the first one 3 times and I was wondering.

Good work! - Did you have anything done with the old action?

the mauser got trued and faced lugs were cut off and squared got a shilen 1:8 with a holland brake 2950fps out of a 142 smk punched a nice round hole 10" high 3" left at 1780yards

And speaking of reloader 17, has anyone had or heard of it having any problems with the temperature??

Randy

I've never ran my loads through a chrono in different temps, but my drops have been spot on out to 700 yards in 20-90 deg weather with my 300 WSM. A guy that shoots a lot or RL17 out of his 6.5x47 Lapua told me that he actually sees a slight velocity decrease when temps get hot with RL 17. I can't find the PM to quote him exactly, but it was only about a 25 fps difference between freezing and 85 or 90 degrees for him.

Well, that is good to hear. I guess the only real way is for me to get out there when its cold and see what is does. It shoots great in my 280 ackley and my 6.5 creedmoor. I really like the velocity and accuracy but I stayed away from them during hunting season because I was somewhat worried about the temp difference.

Randy

I just started loading for mine which should be here by Thursday. . 120 gr Seirra pushed by 37 gr of Varget. 120 gr TTSX And 110 gr Banded solids all with 37 gr of Varget. . Cci 200 primers. It's aabout a starting load for sighting in and breaking in the barrel.
Does anyone have any Barnes data for Varget and 120 gr TSX or TTSX. Bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.