6.5 creedmoor reloading

I find the best groups in 2 different rifles using RL16 for 129 or 130Gr bullets and Reloader 26 for heavier bullets. But It has been several months since I have been able to find any RL-26 in the states. Powder Valley I guess had some but b4 I could get in an order they were sold out again. You will need to work up loads for your specific rifle as no 2 shoot the same. My success with most of my weapons seems to be about 1/2 to 1 grain under max in Quickload. The only exception is my (2) 257 wby rifles. They like loads right at max.

hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?
I have had good luck with Hornady 143 ELDx bullets, Hogdon Superformance powder and Federal 210 primers. I got a hunting load dialed in that is easily 3/4" groups and has worked for a number of hog hunts. All 1 shot kills. I have not chronoed this load, it's about 25% of Hornadys published max load.

I have that rifle. and it loves GORILLA HUNT ammo, 122 grain. 200 yards, 1" groups. Too bad I have to internet the ammo, but it works.

I don't have the same rifle, but I'm assuming your is also a 1:8 twist....Out of my Bergara Ridge rifle it shoots 143 ELD-X w/ 41.0 grains of H4350 into one hole. 140 Berger VLD's typically shoot well in all .264 cartridges, I would try those as well and hope the Hornady's shoot better because they are cheaper haha

Just getting started with the creedmoor. Very first combo I've tried is.
Peterson LRP brass
RL16 powder
Berger 130 VLDs
CCI LR BR primers
Ran a few at different charge weights from 41.0 to 42.6, seating .025 off lands. Gun liked 41.8gn. Loaded 20 up at 41.8 with 4 different seating depths .025, .045,.065, .085. Shot ALL of them very well . New brass, so not done tweaking. All 4 depths shot 4 of 5 rounds in the .2s ! Single fliers brought 5 shot groups up to the .4s-.5s. Going to run through the seating depth tests again under better shooting conditions. First time out, wind was 5-10mph and switching directions.
Regardless of conditions, I'm very impressed with the potential of this load.

I consistently get groups in the .2-.3 range with mine running Alpha SRP brass, 124 Hammer Hunters, and H4350. I also get similar results and speeds with the same load and 123 ELDM bullets. I've started using the ELDM for practice and swap to the Hammers for hunting.

This is 143 ELD X Hornady H4350 At 600 yds. Still tweeking the seating depth. Anyone else have history with this bullet?

Attachments

• F8935905-181A-49D5-952F-E14822D92A2D.jpeg
    F8935905-181A-49D5-952F-E14822D92A2D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?
Try the 140gr Sierra or Hornady ELD with 41.3gr of Hodgdon 4350. Play with your seating depth. I think you'll love this long range load.

Any 140 class premium bullet and RL-17 or H4530. I use Swift A-Frame 140gr and Lapua brass with the small rifle primer as my go to rig for 300lb boar hogs here in sunny SC.

Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator
Hornady Brass
CCI LR primers
H4350
140 grain Sierra Gamekings
One ragged hole at 100 yards.

Using 140 Grain Nosler Partitions
Groups size opens up to around 1.5 inch.

Using 140 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tips
18 shots into a 1.5 inch hole.

Using Hornady 129 Grain SST Factory Loads
1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.

Tried a dozen different bullets and powder combos and found some good ones. We settled on 41.5 grs RL-17, 142 gr Nosler ABLR, CCI BR-2 primers and Nosler custom or Lapua brass. Great velocity, strong terminal performance on game and very accurate. Played with seating depth but finally just left it at max length of magazine--2.80 with no real degradation of precision and since we were aiming for a hunting load we called that mission accomplished.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.