6.5 creedmoor reloading

hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?

I have the exact same rifle and I finally nailed down the perfect load for my rifle. See below
  • Lapua brass
  • CCI 450 primers
  • 40gr of H4350
  • 140gr ELD-Match
  • 0.015 off the lands
  • 2750fps (somewhat low velocity compared to when I loaded hot with 46.9gr of RL26 to get 2925fps but I increased my accuracy by a ton by switching to this load)
  • ES of 9 (10 shots)
  • SD of 11 (10 shots)
The below targets were two 5 shot groupings at 100 yards.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything I can help with.
Target1.jpg
Target2.jpg

Does lapua brass vs other brass make a difference and should I go with a large rifle primer or small?

I have the exact same rifle and I finally nailed down the perfect load for my rifle. See below
  • Lapua brass
  • CCI 450 primers
  • 40gr of H4350
  • 140gr ELD-Match
  • 0.015 off the lands
  • 2750fps (somewhat low velocity compared to when I loaded hot with 46.9gr of RL26 to get 2925fps but I increased my accuracy by a ton by switching to this load)
  • ES of 9 (10 shots)
  • SD of 11 (10 shots)
The below targets were two 5 shot groupings at 100 yards.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything I can help with.
View attachment 140851 View attachment 140852
How can you have an ES of 9 and an SD of 11?? That doesn't compute.

Does lapua brass vs other brass make a difference and should I go with a large rifle primer or small?

My experience with the 6.5 is that factory ammo is very accurate. I spent months perfecting a load for my 30-06 taking every aspect down to the nth degree and had a lot of fun doing it. Then my brother in law buys a Creedmore and some factory ammo and starts punching clovers at 200 meters, I give up!!

I've had the best groups with the same gun using H4350 and 140 nosler bt's. 40 grains is the sweet spot for mine, 1/2" groups consistently with minimal sd. The 143 eld x shoot well too but like a slightly lower charge, think that was 39.6 was the best groups but was not the greatest, still under an inch at 100. Hope this helps!! And great gun btw

Peterson SRP brass, CCI SR Magnum primer, 48 grains of RL26, and with a 140 Berger VLD hunting bullet is a awesome combination. It results in 2992 FPS from my Christiansen Arms Ridgeline with a 24" barrel. I got pressure signs at 49 and backed off to 48 gr which gave me half MOA results and excellent long range performance. Good luck.
I've shot this load in 2 other rifles with similar results. A savage Model 10 LRH and my custom ARC Nucleus.

140 Class bullets are the only way to go for LR. H4350, Re-16, and Shooters World Long Rifle are the head of the pack for powders.

How can you have an ES of 9 and an SD of 11?? That doesn't compute.

Haha you are correct. I got my numbers from a picture I took of a piece of paper that I wrote all my data on and I must of misinterpreted my magneto speed. Not to mention my terrible handwriting. But I am 100% positive that I had a ES of 9.

I only use Lapua brass for my 6.5 CM and my .260 Rem. It is very consistent and in can get 8-10 reloads from the same brass.

Lupua Brass
42 grains H4350
Federal Match primers(small)
140gr Berger Match VLD and 139 grain Lapua Scenars(prs load)

I have a very similar now discontinued "long range" Browning 6.5 Creedmoor with a 26" barrel. And I have found RL 16 to be Creedmoor magic.
My hunting load in that rifle is Starline SRP brass, 143 ELD-X 42.0gr of RL16 (2850 fps and SD of 5-7fps) with a federal 205 match primer I seat 7 thousands off the lands. I also got up to ~2950 without terrible pressure signs. I also shoot RL16 in a handful of other 6.5s it works wonders in all of them.

hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?

Attachments

• 76951985-1E3D-4B8F-A690-65D2B8235963.jpeg
    76951985-1E3D-4B8F-A690-65D2B8235963.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 149
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.