6.5 creedmoor reloading

Tgnara001

hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?

hi I'm new here but I just bought a Brownings hells canyon long range in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm gonna reload. I was wondering what would be the best bullet weight and powder for best velocity and accuracy?

Varget works well with bullets up to 130gr. H4350 works well from 120gr and up. I haven't found any R26 yet but lots of folks are getting amazing velocity from it with 140gr bullets and up.

I recommend you let your rifle tell you what it likes best. Mine prefers 130gr Berger AR Hybrids pushed to 2868fps by Varget. At the velocity my rifle likes 140s, they don't show any advantage over the 130s until the 1000 yard line so I just stay with the 130s.

John

I'm running a really modest load of 36.8 grains of RL-15 under a 130 grain accubond and its .5 MOA in my Weatherby altitude. I had to put an "under 200 yard" load together quick to use the rifle in the late season (got it for Christmas) so I settled for that in a pinch. I'll run it up to pressure this fall and see if there's a higher node.

I was running the 147 eld but switched to the 124gr hammer hunter over varget for a great easy to load for hunting round. Every charge was well under .5"

and-here-we-go.jpg

123's - Varget.
130's - RL17, H4350, SW4350, IMR4350
140's + - RL17, H4350, SW4350, IMR4350

Case - your choice
Primer - your choice

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts