6.5 Creedmoor quality brass

TackDriv3r

As most of you reloaders know that Lapua has one of the best brass out there and its what I use as well as Norma. I do not want to switch to a small rifle primer for the 6.5 Creedmoor and Lapua do not offer LR primer for it, but came across a few names that have popped up such as Peterson Brass and Alpha Munitions. How consistent are their brass if any of you have used them? I like to see consistent internal volume and high quality brass.

I'll know soon. I ordered a couple boxes of Peterson to compare alongside Hornady. It was surprisingly inexpensive for "premium" brass.

I have some ADG I plan to test once I get my gun from my smith. Unfortunately that will be another 3-5 weeks. I did a physical comparison between it and Lapua HERE.

I was initially hesitant about using the small primer/Lapua Brass in my 6.5CM, but after experiencing the results for the past year, I'm now a convert. The consistency, accuracy, ES, and brass life have proven to be outstanding. No ignition problems in colder temperatures with the small primers(BR4).

As Greyfox stated I would stick with the Lapua. I don't have a Creed but shoot Lapua in my 6.5X47. I am in Canada and have not had a problem shooting in our winter temps with the small rifle primer.

I went from .5MOA 5 shot groups, with SD of 10 with Hornady and Norma brass to very constant sub.25MOA/SD<5 with the Lapua using CCI BR4 primers, matching the performance of my custom 6.5x47 Lapua. The rifle is a stock Ruger PR except for a Magpul G2 buttstock. I wouldn't claim these results with all rifles/loads, but I think the Lapua is well worth a try.

44542BA3-7B91-4D06-A09C-0B3C8223BC39.jpeg

I went from .5MOA 5 shot groups, with SD of 10 with Hornady and Norma brass to very constant sub.25MOA/SD<5 with the Lapua using CCI BR4 primers, matching the performance of my custom 6.5x47 Lapua. The rifle is a stock Ruger PR except for a Magpul G2 buttstock. I wouldn't claim these results with all rifles/loads, but I think the Lapua is well worth a try.

View attachment 85092

Greyfox, did you have to adjust your load?

I am using the Alpha brass in my 6.5 CM. Very happy with it so far. About 40% less capacity so it took a little experimenting to arrive at loads. Max loads in most tables wouldn't fit in case. However, I have no problem exceeding velocities with conventional brass. Safe load for 124 gr Hammers at 2900 fps and 140 gr bullets at 2800 -2850 fps all with H4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.