6.5 270 jdj

archery nut

Hello Im new here and have an interest in the 6.5 's have been surfing the net alot the cartridges that caught my eye were 6.5 270 jdj the 6.5 06 seems like these two would be very close. and both would need bras to be resided from 270 or 30 06 any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Hello Im new here and have an interest in the 6.5 's have been surfing the net alot the cartridges that caught my eye were 6.5 270 jdj the 6.5 06 seems like these two would be very close. and both would need bras to be resided from 270 or 30 06 any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

IIRC, the 6.5/.270 JDJ is a proprietary cartridge developed by J.D. Jones of SSK industries. The shoulders are moved forward significantly (shorter neck) and the shoulder angle is also far greater than that of 6.5-06. He's got quite a few wildcats.

I am no expert or own either one but if I have to choose, I'd probably go with the 6.5-06 between your two choices. Which one is better is subjective and relative to your own perspective. Only you can define what is best for you.

Last edited:
You would be best to build a 6.5 Sherman. Brass will still need to be fire-formed, but you will be maximizing the performance of the .270/.280 case.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.