6.5-06 future build

thank you all for the information, experiences, and photos. I believe I am going to go with the 6.5-06 standard version to fill the gap between my calibers. I welcome additional feedback on the round and experiences.

Well Centxshooter I think you've made a great choice in adding the 6.5-06 cartridge into your collection of rifles. I have a Remington 700 mtn rifle that I rebarreled into the same cartridge and it is a pleasure to shoot. One of the problems I encountered was resizing .270 brass. It sized and fit ok but I didn't get the accurracy I wanted until after it was fire-formed. I've heard that resizing 25-06 doesn't seem to have this problem but I have no first hand experiance with it. My rifle has a 25" Shilen barrel. My fire form load is 50.0gr VVN540 Rem 9 1/2 primer w/ 100gr. Nosler BT going around 3300fps. It shoots under an inch at 100M and 1.5" at 250M. Shooting a 140gr Accubond with 53.5gr's of VVN560 gets me 3000fps+ and 55.1gr's of IMR7828ssc gets me 3200fps+/- w/ a 120gr. Hornady GMX. Good Luck with your project.

Best,

Dan

I have collected some 25-06 brass to see how the sizing goes. I have several parts on order and the process is beginning. Feel like a kids at Christmas time gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.