581 yards bull idaho

LRHKiller

finally getting around to posting a pic of my bull, i spotted this bull 3 days or so before opening morning, i went back every day watching him in the evening and morning he was in the same area every time just a few ridges apart, opening morning i come up with a plan to sneak in from underneath were i last saw him so i left the truck about 2 hrs before daylight and got to underneath where i last saw him sat there for about 30 min for it to get daylight just got up and started up hill and looked up and here he come he was about 1200 yards or so roughly a way but on two finger ridges over so i quickly found a boulder to get a rest on sat and waited for about two minutes which seemed more like 20min finally they were strait across from me i ranged the lead cow at 581 yards all the elk were on the same little game trail that bull took a few more steps stopped and looked back, the 300 win barked, then a big whop, could tell i hit him good took two more shot and hit him bolth shots also, 2behind the front shoulder and one in the shoulder, then the work began,

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 98
It's nice when those cows line out and let you get all dialed and set up before the bulls hit the shooting lane! Nice bull!!

Extremely nice Idaho Bull, I too hunt in Idaho. Great Job, thanks for sharing!
lv2hunt

Very nice dark colored antlers. What did he score? Looks about 310 but pics are deceiving. Looks like my spot:D.........congrats/Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.