50 Cals for Hunting Dangerous Game? Real World Experience? Bullets/Loads?

That sucks . Couple degrees warmer this morning. LolView attachment 250891
Is that cold? Well it's a start at least...338Dude and Treeslug would probably pass out! That's getting up to T Shirt weather for us.....reminds me....gotta look for my Flip Flops
Screenshot_20210209-135211.png

Last edited:
Look how much warmer
Hey RUM, we were at -17 last night until about 2200 hrs., then it warmed throughout the night......must have gotten some cloud cover. Woke up to a "balmy" -10 this morning! 😁 memtb
In Yellowstone ??? What the !
Screenshot_20210212-155739.png
Screenshot_20210212-150419.png

Last edited:
As far as revolvers go, I used a Taurus Raging Bull in .500 S&W on a 8' Alaska brownie and a .475 Linebaugh revolver on a 5000# rhino. The rest of my dangerous game (Elephant, lion, hippo, leopard, Cape buff) I used a XP-100 (.375/.284) or an Encore (.416 Taylor). I did take a lioness and a cow Cape buff with my .475L.IMG0415.jpg016.JPG

I woundn't be caught dead with something with that finish, Unless of course I had matching teeth to with it.

Dean
Agreed, but limp wrist that beast and you can get half a dozen matching teeth to go with it!

What I'd really like to see is Gina Carano shooting one - a black one though.

You know with the weight that it has on it's own and they energy it takes to cycle that monstrosity the kick is really not that bad. I have other hand guns that are far worse.

Dean

You know with the weight that it has on it's own and they energy it takes to cycle that monstrosity the kick is really not that bad. I have other hand guns that are far worse.
Dean
That's what I've heard, sortof' a plus. On the other had, don't think it is wise to hand anybody one for the first time with more than one round in it...

Everyone always wants to shoot the 500 and I was fine with that, until it got away from a guest and they dropped it and broke the dayglo front sight.
it's $125.00 to replace it, they were very sorry about dropping it and breaking it, but did not offer to replace or fix it not even part of it. So from now on guest get loads that consist of Trail Boss that send 300gr bullets 800 to900 fps and they never know the difference.

Dean

I for
Hey RUM, we were at -17 last night until about 2200 hrs., then it warmed throughout the night......must have gotten some cloud cover. Woke up to a "balmy" -10 this morning! 😁 memtb
Forgot to attach pics of temp difference in Yellowstone. Been that way for few days.

Last edited: