50 cal

Anyone ever seen this cardridge?
950 JDJ shown next to a 2-3/4" 12ga for size comparison.; This is the largest shoulder fired rifle ever produced.; See Fred Barne's "Cartridges of The World" for additional details.; The 950 JDJ fires a 3,000 grain machined, brass projectile at 2,150 fps for a muzzle energey of over 28,000 foot pounds.; The recoil is so severe, it renders some shooters unconcious; The cartridge is based on a modified 20mm Vulcan case.; All yall might have already seen this I did have a pic of the gun, but I can,t locate it at this time. I also had an article and it shows some older gentelman around 70 yrs that shoots it often.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/mo30284/950jdj.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
The recoil is so severe, it renders some shooters unconcious;

[/ QUOTE ]
LMFAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . Why the hell would ANYONE want or need something like that? It would be overkill for a blue whale!
Personally I think the creator of the 950JDJ has what i call SPS (Small Penis Syndrome), Where he's constantly trying to make up for his lacking manhood elsewhere... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Also, what sort of barrel life do you get from the .50BMG?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.