First 50

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103481

Considering finally getting a 50bmg Anybody got any recommendations? I've heard the Ar50s are decent. Not really looking at semis, but out of my prospective budget. I have read some online positive responses about state arms/east ridge rifles. like to spend 3k ish

Attachments

• verminthumperboomer.JPG.jpg
    verminthumperboomer.JPG.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
Been a few years but can tell the states/Eastridge units can shoot if you can live with a shellholder bolt... The AR50 is a fine shooter also.
They are both very loud and easy on the shoulder but spendy to shoot these days. They work good for long range not great.

Any other recommendations? Not looking for the best long range hunter/rifle just want one because I want one¯\_(ツ)_/¯
the shell holder bolt is the one hitch for the state, i don't love the idea

That pic is over 15 years old, sold them ten years ago due to a nasty shoulder injury that wont take the reciol. Bach in the day though the Barrets where king of fun with the 82a1 being king and the 99 not far behind. The Subos where not bad to shoot but the AR50 and States tended to be the most accurate just behind a Mcmillion.
Someone also made an Ar upper the bolt screwed into that was very reasonable? A google search might be in order as like I said my info is over ten years old but I can tell ya we burned up all the cheap ww2 ammo that was left years ago.
Another good tip is to find someone still in the game. Around here a visit to the annual cannon shoot would give you a lot of insight

Thank you, an m82 would be very nice but just out of reach for a toy.

I've seen SG sometimes drops the ar50 down to under 2.5k... thinking that should be my route

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts