50 Cal at 100 Yards = OUCH! Bounce back bullet or something.

That's got to hurt!!!! Reminds me of a buddy that tried to shoot a lock off one time almost took his nut off just a smoking hole in his tin pants stuck in his leg about a inch from his nut… he said it burnt like hell.

Joe Cool, Gotta love the DIY family planning, well almost.
Read something on You Tube that the target the 50cal. guy shot at broke into ten pieces and that it was one of those pieces that came back and tagged him. Don't know if this was fact tho.

My sig pro in 40SW came back and hit me in the gut, shooting steel plates 25 yards, stung real good! Left a big black bruise for about a week. I dont shoot plates no more!

I also will never shoot another lock!....Doesnt work anyway!

Last edited:
I was shooting a 22lr pistol at pop cans i had shoved down over a T-post and a shard of ricochett came back and stuck in my bottom lip, bled like all hell!!!. My ex brother in law shot his own brother with a ricochet from a 50cal muzzel loader off of a gravel road at a 50deg angle at over 300yds!! bullet hit is rifle stock and glanced across shoulder. It never actually penetrated it just kinda pushed about 3" of skin back.

This just screams "EYE PROTECTION! EYE PROTECTION!" I know I have to do a better job of using mine. Remember "No eyes, no shoot." Really I would not have seen this happening. Who would of thunk? And I do realize that safety glasses may not have helped if he would have taken that slug square....OUCH!

i had a 45 come back and hit my safety glasses in a match shooting steel plates one time so the classes saved my eye that day and another one that hit me on the shoulder that broke the skin and left a nasty bruise this one came from a person next to me i was shooting against

My NEIGHBOR WHEN WE WAS KIDS GOT HIS EYE PUT OUT BY A B-B GUN BOUNCE BACK. HE WAS SHOOTING AT KNOT HOLES IN THE SIDE OF THE BARN,HE NOW HAS A GLASS EYE.

Anyone else besides me hear a voice in the background saying....

You know you are a redneck if.... I gotta tell you, between the fact that I know all of you are serious, I am not laughing, but man, this really sounds bad.... but if even one person reads these stories and puts safety glasses and protective equipment on, it is worth it. And we have not even touched on hearing loss from shooting at the range or in a stand without muffs or plugs....

Nyles, a 40S&W huh! Wow, would not have liked that at all. I am a pretty big target! Lots of real estate for a richocet to hit with me... lol. PS - got the Nosler brass... thanks for sending so quickly/promptly... Kirby sent me the email, so I am at Stage 4 now... almost no finger nails left.

Hope everyone living in this great nation and reading this forum has a happy and safe holiday season.

EZ

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts