450 Bushmaster Hunting ammo?

WEATHERBY460

Does anyone make any good 450 Bushmaster ammo with 250/260 grain bullets? I tried the Remington 260 accutips, they group ok, but are slow (2150 fps). The 250 Hornady FTX shoots 100 FPS faster (2250 fps) then the accutips, but don't group well. 22" ruger barrel.

I'm doing pretty well out of a Ruger American with 16" barrel with both the Hornady Black and their other ammo, using the 250gn FTX, but reloading for it with the same, using 38.2gn Lil Gun, has been much better.

I've used Bear Creek for mine. I have the Savage bolt action and it shoots sub MOA with their ammo and its moving 2550 from my 22" barrel. Mine shoots the Hornady factory stuff at 2200 and also about MOA. They have ammo for Bolt and Single shot and also for AR. I reload but haven't tried to reload the 450 since I found this stuff. I killed a 300lb whitetail last year and bullet performed perfectly.

https://bearcreekballistics.com/product/450-bushmaster-240-grain-ammo/

Anyone tried to reload with the 275 Barnes yet?
I wish they weren't so $$ as a component. But, it looks like as loaded ammo it won't be cheap either.

there's nothing special about it. same procedure as any other cartridge - the final step is to use a taper crimp. super easy to do. if you can seat a bullet, you can apply a fairly light crimp.
I crimp all my reloads for hunting
243 up to 375 H&H

I get MOA groups with the Hornady Black out of an 18" AR. I haven't tried anything else because these shoot well enough. I sometimes hunt deer in standing water around my home in the Atchafalaya Basin so I need to hammer them as it is very difficult to trail in standing water. These do the job.

I get MOA groups with the Hornady Black out of an 18" AR. I haven't tried anything else because these shoot well enough. I sometimes hunt deer in standing water around my home in the Atchafalaya Basin so I need to hammer them as it is very difficult to trail in standing water. These do the job.
I would use my cz550 in 375 H&H lol
Pull trigger, bang, push, drop dead

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.