416 Rigby seating depth +PIC+

Tikkamike

I dont have a modified case for the Rigby so it was trial and error getting this to drop into the chamber of my #1. This was the final seating depth when it would finally drop in. I was really hoping it would have a longer throat. That is a 400gr TSX and I would like it seated out about another 1/4" it would look cooler and it would give me a lot more powder capacity. For now I am going to see what I can get out of it as is then go from there.

I have similar seating issues with the 300tsx in my 375h@h. Shoots great though. You just have to use fast enough powder to get the compression down. Too bad that pill is .416, and not .411-.412; I wouldn't mind a 400tsx in my 405. 300gr. pills are really just a medium game weight in 41 cal.

Since it's in a Ruger #1 a throat reamer could lengthen the leade easily without having to take the barrel off like you might have to on a bolt gun. The cost of a reamer isn't too much and would be worth it. Is the length of your magazine (your pant's pocket) long enough? LOL!

+1 on HarperC's comment. Bison Buster for sure. Big bears too. Thumpers like that are just plain cool!

KB

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts