408 Chey tac, 338 Lapua, Suppressor, 2650 yards...

Grit,
I was going to ask if you were sure the TRG had a 12 twist as the older one we were playing with the other day has a 12 and the 300 SMK bullets showed about a 20 degree yaw through the paper at 100 yrds. I know that they changed to a 10 twist or they offer them with 10 or 12. Either way I know some of 'em have 10 twist tubes. If your test rifle had a 12 what altitude were you shooting at?
Looks like a fun day of shooting.

Grit,
I was going to ask if you were sure the TRG had a 12 twist as the older one we were playing with the other day has a 12 and the 300 SMK bullets showed about a 20 degree yaw through the paper at 100 yrds. I know that they changed to a 10 twist or they offer them with 10 or 12. Either way I know some of 'em have 10 twist tubes. If your test rifle had a 12 what altitude were you shooting at?
Looks like a fun day of shooting.

Verified 12 twist. We were 6500 - 7000 feet. I imagine you're near sea level in Oregon? I've shot 7mm 190's and 6mm 105's at slower then recommended twists here.

Yep we were shooting at 600 to 800 feet above sea level. I knew it made a difference, that is why I was curious. Thanks for getting back to me.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.