40" & 30" Buck Pictures

Those look mighty nice...hope you draw a tag. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Great looking animals. The wide 5x6 posted on page two looks like a dandy. Though I must say the so called 40" 3x3 in photo #1 was photoshoped if you ask me. Check the building in the background. It has some weird looking right angles that are unsupported. Trully the rest of them look great though.

Good hunting.

BT

Got an email from a buddy in Utah about a year ago with all those bucks grouped together. His story was that they were on Air Force base property....... :rolleyes:

From what I heard they are a herd that hangs around the ATK plant in Utah. You can't shoot a rifle on their property (which makes perfect sense seeing as they build rockets and have fuel running around the area) and I don't even think they have hunting there...that is why they hang around...I would think that if it was the military base (either Hill or Camp Williams) that they would have been shot into already because they do allow hunting on the bases.

Really impressive deer though even if some are photoshopped...gets me drooling :)

Hunt Mac

I have to call BS on two of those pictures. One has been floating around the internet that I got in an email over 3 years ago that HAS been photo shop enhanced (which I believe was taken in AZ and NOT UT) and the very first photo in the thread is oh so obviously photo shop enhanced.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud but some of those photos are not worth getting excited about. A couple are but the 40"ers are lies plain and simple.

Sorry!

M

PS I still have the email which was dated back to 12/22/2006

Last edited:
Micheal, Want to see the real deal check out my picts. on page 4 , 37" thread, seen bigger, still trying. Friends dad shot a 42'' WHEN i WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, but the rack turns out like hands facing you, cool buck.I want to see it again and get a picture

Again, we just posted these pictures for everyones viewing pleasure. For you guys who have seen them before who cares. Some of us like me have just seen them and they were fun to look at. I am a very busy man and don't have time to critique pictures like the rest of you and really don't care to. I look and enjoy. I think I know where these were taken because I am a retired rocket scientist and am pretty sure I recognized the background. But I really don't care where they were taken or by whom. I thought they were fun to look at. Sorry some of you don't think so. I think you need to keep your negative opinions to yourself. I see no person on here making any claims about these pictures so why does anyone see fit to contiuously bash them. Some of you obviously have a lot more time on your hands than I do.

LTLR,

I am, sorry I offended you. I am sorry work has been slow and I have extra time on my hands. The break feels good actually.

I just get tired of people photo shoping deer and trying to pass them off as 40" monsters. This isnt the first time this has happened. It only make the people who take the pictures and propagate the hoax look bad.

Sorry.

M

Michael, I know nothing about photoshopping or whatever so pardon my ignorance here. From my estimation the last picture of the 5x7 is the only 40" buck in that set. The 3x3 is about 37" as shown. What do you know about the last photo that makes you convinced it has been altered? I have seen bucks that big in the wild and just thought someone else saw one to and had a camera with them. Like I said I don't look that closely at them because I really don't care. Just interested in what you know about it so I can be more educated in the furutre.

Take the pic that you have on your computer and zoom in on it. Particularly on it's right ear. You can see that there is a double image where they stretched it. They did a better job on this deer shopping it than they did on the other one, but it's still fake. Also, when you zoom in on the image, you can see some vertical lines that show where the image was altered.

Last edited:
utah40buck_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
utah40buck_-_Copy.jpg

Untitled47.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts