PIF Buck!

Last year a good friend was taking up deer hunting. Good man, has helped me many times dragging out bucks from nastiest parts of swamps. We had extra Hasting slug barrel for 870 that he had. Extra scope and almost ready to go. I reload slugs so fixed him up.

We were hunting same area, heard him shoot and he was plenty excited when I called him. The hit was a little back but definitely liver. Of course, ran into nasty part of swamp. Based on hit, let him lay till this morn.

Well tracking not too bad just thorns, briars blowdowns, but tracked right up to where of course laid down in water.

So first deer is nice young buck. I could not be more proud and happy for such a good guy. So sometimes a PIF versus making couple bucks can brighten up someones life and start them down the road we all love and cherish.
View attachment 411865
We all need to help out like you did. Good job to you and him as well. Hopefully a start to a rewarding hunting career!!

I posted this up cause I am huge believer in PIF and hope maybe somebody on LRH has some extra gear that just might help a newbie and get them into the outdoors. I bet we all know someone that can use our help. Doesn't have to OMG gift but something useful. Knife, pack, old scope whatever.