.375 WSM

I am actually looking forward to this larger bore Sherman version build more than I expected. Been planning two builds off of Rich"s designs for almost a couple yrs now. Thats a long time to have Rich putting up with me picking his brain for info.

Finally landed on 6.5SS which I think is almost perfect unity between case and heavy for caliber balance of performance. That point where performance and effiency meet in almost everyway using a 26" pipe.

Then the opposite end the 375 S-Max total "do all in one" small efficient package.
375H&H 24-26" 13lb power-n-perf from a 8.5lb 22" RTH setup using less powder (signif more efficient design & higher psi). Hardest part between both of these build is getting the 375 barrel. No one stocks match grade barrels in 375 unless they are for ELR. Has to be ordered.

I can post a parts list if it would be helpful.

I've wanted to build a 458 WSM/Saum and run it in an AR-10. What work has been done to the receiver? Is it milled out like what's done to run 458 socoms for ar-15? Also the bolt can't seem to find the larger bolt face for them.

You really want to ask this in the AR section forum as its more involved than a simple answer. Its a thread in itself. Large frames especially non standards magnum bolt faces are custom choice parts to work together more so than regulat 473 face. I will say here go with the RSAUM. For function, case quality, and sourcing cases in the future if there was ever shortages or discontinued supply . Start a thread in AR section and I'm sure there are a few others on here as well that can offer assistance as well.

I've wanted to build a 458 WSM/Saum and run it in an AR-10. What work has been done to the receiver? Is it milled out like what's done to run 458 socoms for ar-15? Also the bolt can't seem to find the larger bolt face for them.
If you're really wanting to go big look up the 475 Bishop Short Mag, it's impressive! Also called the 475GAR, based on the AR10.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts