375 RUM in Winchester model 70 super express questions.

I do believe that factory barrel has been re-chambered to 375 RUM.
I also collect rare Win Model 70's, none of the push feeds though.
I had 2 375H&H New Haven rifles, a Super Express custom shop like pictured and, a Stainless Classic that I bought for the sole purpose of re-chambering to 375 Weatherby and dropping it into a HS Precision Sporter stock. It was the last one in the importers inventory in the country when I bought it and chased another around the country trying to buy that too, but it got away from me.
The Super Express is untouched and I haven't even chambered a round in it.
Custom shop guns from the New Haven plant were quite well made.

Cheers.
What ended up deterring you from doing the re-chamber and stocking of the rifle. I wouldn't call myself a high end rifle collector by any means and if my question seems silly I apologize.

What ended up deterring you from doing the re-chamber and stocking of the rifle. I wouldn't call myself a high end rifle collector by any means and if my question seems silly I apologize.
The Classic Stainless was re-chambered to 375 Weatherby and dropped into the HS Precision stock.
The Super Express has been left untouched. It is in NIB condition with it's original box and all receipts and a letter from Olin confirming it is a custom shop rifle.
Sorry, the way I wrote it must have confused you.

Cheers.

The Classic Stainless was re-chambered to 375 Weatherby and dropped into the HS Precision stock.
The Super Express has been left untouched. It is in NIB condition with it's original box and all receipts and a letter from Olin confirming it is a custom shop rifle.
Sorry, the way I wrote it must have confused you.

Cheers.
Oh okay I completely understand now. No worries when it comes to writing well it's an art that eludes me

I put custom brakes on mine that preserved the front iron sight! I intended to take them to Africa for Cape! Some day. Or Alaska for Brown bear

I put custom brakes on mine that preserved the front iron sight! I intended to take them to Africa for Cape! Some day. Or Alaska for Brown bear
Did you go with threading them a brake or just get the brake drilled into the barrel. As fun as Africa sounds I doubt I will ever make the trip. However the interior grizz is right out my back door.

Did you go with threading them a brake or just get the brake drilled into the barrel. As fun as Africa sounds I doubt I will ever make the trip. However the interior grizz is right out my back door.
I had. Gunsmith in Houston make a custom brake that's is threaded on and looks like it's part of the barrel!

I have QRW rings, so the scope can be quickly removed in thick brush and use ironsights.
The gunsmith did a great job with the brake. You'd think its part of the gun, but it goes to about 3/8" under the front sight.

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 78
I have QRW rings, so the scope can be quickly removed in thick brush and use ironsights.
The gunsmith did a great job with the brake. You'd think its part of the gun, but it goes to about 3/8" under the front sight.
That's is some amazing work!! You are 10,000 percent that looks like it is apart of the rifle ( the rifle also looks really nice)

That's is some amazing work!! You are 10,000 percent that looks like it is apart of the rifle ( the rifle also looks really nice)
It's amazing what a good gunsmith can do! I just made the request. He did that on three of my guns

Recent Posts