375 Ruger Longest Range Load

No such thing, as those that use it are clueless…ever felt undergunned? I know I have a few times, but never had to resolve to running away or climbing a tree. Had to scramble pretty hard when I shot a water buff with my 375 Weatherby with a 260g Accubond, had to shoot from behind a termite mound until the gun was empty, **** thing kept getting up and charging, only time I considered my cartridge and bullet choice was very, very bad. The same combo had not one hiccup on the next hunt, even though I was hesitant, but this was a test using the then new Accubond. I was backed up by my buddy running my 416 Rigby, but I told him not to shoot unless I was gonna be squished, lol.
I recovered those bullets too…interesting outcome on 2 of those.

Cheers.
Please share if u can regarding the outcome of the bullet performance.

Cutting Edge has a 250 grain Maximus. They advertise they're good down to 1400fps. I have no experience with the Maximus line but their Lazer line of bullets are deadly and I've killed a few animals with great results.

I wonder why they don't publish the BC for these.

Looking for some advice on the longest range load for this particular caliber. Specific to whitetails. I know it's an odd caliber but some new legislation has made this legal where I am hunting (.35 caliber and above). I've had this gun for sometime and the current load I have is reloader 17 and nosler's 260 accubond. Also have some older 260 nosler ballistic tips. Both shoot well and average 2825 fps.

I've looked at the 4Dof charts to get an idea of velocity down range. I don't have any experience with the references projectiles to decern their ability to open down around 2000 fps.

Is there a better long range projectile for extending my range whitetail hunting? Do any of you have experience with these Nosler bullets past 300 yards?

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I've shot the 260 and the Barnes 250 TTSX in my Ruger 375. Out of the 2 the Barnes shot better. I've shot it on steel to 400 yards. The newer Barnes 270gr LRX might do really well. Haven't tried them. They have a little better BC and should perform similar on game as the TTSX.

All this, the bullet will go forever stuff isn't true unless you're aiming well above the horizon.

We'll assume the rifle is held 5ft from the ground standing shot, shooting horizontally at a deer in one of the flattest places I've ever seen, so that seems reasonable.
375 ruger with a 260gr AB.
MV right around 2900fps.
Let's say you dial for 500 yards.
It still hits the ground about 725yards.

Let's say you're dialed at 1000y. You hit the ground at 1080. You can see how quickly that bullet more resembles an artillery shot and has more vertical than horizontal component.

None of this it's going to go 2 miles crap. You'd need to be pointing at pure blue sky to do that.

Can you have suppressors in Iowa to hunt? 375 raptor!
Took us long enough, but yes -- suppressors are good to go now.
All this, the bullet will go forever stuff isn't true unless you're aiming well above the horizon.
None of this it's going to go 2 miles crap. You'd need to be pointing at pure blue sky to do that.
True, on an aimed shot. The problem is the less-than-careful folks with the muzzle-up ND's that people are concerned about.

I'm going 9.3x62mm this year, for the record. Won't have a can that big this year yet though.

Took us long enough, but yes -- suppressors are good to go now.

True, on an aimed shot. The problem is the less-than-careful folks with the muzzle-up ND's that people are concerned about.

I'm going 9.3x62mm this year, for the record. Won't have a can that big this year yet though.
Oooooh a classy cartridge choice! 😁

A good friend of mine has an old husqvarna 9.3x62. He loves it. Massive terminal thumping power and perfectly civil recoil in a standard sporter Weight. He doesn't do anything past 300-400 yards. And so he has absolutely zero use for magnum cartridges of any kind and, while intrigued by what I can make mine do, thinks I'm a tad silly having them haha. This rifle, his .308, his 204 ruger, and another old husky in 6.5x55 dictate that, unless he goes to Africa someday, he'll never need more guns to do anything that needs doing. But where's the fun in that???

Please share if u can regarding the outcome of the bullet performance.
Are you asking for pictures of recovered bullets?
Here's some 260g Accubonds from water buff and donkeys. The first bullet on the left was a stopping shot fired into the hip at roughly 30 metres, the other 3 were from 100 metres to 250 metres, the last one on the right was fired into the chest of a donkey at 300 metres. All of these 260g Accubonds were launched at 3,000fps from my 375 Weatherby.
The other is a 225g Accubond fired at a Sambar deer at 70 metres into the chest, recovered an inch from exiting the rear ham, just for reference.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    946.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2315.jpeg
    IMG_2315.jpeg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2316.jpeg
    IMG_2316.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Here's some 260g Accubonds from water buff and donkeys. The first bullet on the left was a stopping shot fired into the hip at roughly 30 metres, the other 3 were from 100 metres to 250 metres, the last one on the right was fired into the chest of a donkey at 300 metres. All of these 260g Accubonds were launched at 3,000fps from my 375 Weatherby.
The other is a 225g Accubond fired at a Sambar deer at 70 metres into the chest, recovered an inch from exiting the rear ham, just for reference.

Cheers.
Looks fantastic thanks.

Cheers.
Haven't been able to lay my hands on any 260 g Accubonds, I will keep looking. After looking at your picks will try some when available.

So you could hunt with a 375 cheytac but not at 308? You sure you're reading that law correctly?

I don't think it matters much what bullet you chose, 375 ruger is so overkill for a deer.
I shoot deer and pigs with 235 grain Speer Hot-Cor bullets at moderate velocity in my Ruger 375. Drops them right away. It is not a long range round, but it is a fun way to use one of my favorite rifles. The 375 Ruger was not designed as a long range round. It does not have enough case capacity to push the 350+ grain bullets to the speed you would need to get the better BC's. As others have suggested, I would start with the mono metal bullets and work up some loads for the barrel twist you are working with. You might find a sweet combination in the mix.

With the 270 Grain Barnes it will push them to 2800 fps out of a 20" barrel Ruger Guide Gun and consistently shoot 3 shoot groups at 1/2 MOA or better. At those velocities, the 375 Ruger performs excellent from 800 yards in. I don't shoot big game that needs a 375 Ruger, Bear and Moose in GBear country, at more than 300 yards, so for me, it is a great hunting round.

With the 270 Grain Barnes it will push them to 2800 fps out of a 20" barrel Ruger Guide Gun and consistently shoot 3 shoot groups at 1/2 MOA or better. At those velocities, the 375 Ruger performs excellent from 800 yards in. I don't shoot big game that needs a 375 Ruger, Bear and Moose in GBear country, at more than 300 yards, so for me, it is a great hunting round.
I think that's pushing the max for that combination, and doubt that's where you'll get best accuracy.