.375 Cal Chamberings using the 338 LM case

I have been doing alot of research on a new build that I am trying to get started. I initially was wanting to build something in .408 Cheytac or .375 cheytac but was concerned about the price of reloading and shooting these expensive chamberings not to mention I would have to buy a XL action to acomodate these two Catridges. I then started looking at the 338 Lapua Magnum and wondered if there was a .375 Caliber Chambering out there that would bridge the gap between the 338 LM and the .375 CT. I found the .388 and .375 Allen Express but was wondering if there are other names out there for a 338 Lapua case necked up to .375 and having the case improved with a 40deg shoulder or a 37deg shoulder. I like the balistics of the .375 bullets and have been told that the .375 chambering would give a longer barrel life. I found a reamer for a .375-.338 Lapua Socom but have not found any information on this chambering. I looked up Kirby Allen's website and like what I see in his .375 Allen Express but I really was hoping to be able to do this build over a long period of time as I don't have 5 or 6 G's to spend in one huge impulse buy. I was hoping to be able to figure out what I want as far as a chambering and then slowly order the reamers, barrel, action etc. while storing up funds for the final build. Anybody out there know if there is anything else in a .375-.338 Lapua chambering that is a Improved version as well or does anybody have a reamer in what I want?

Hay there I built a 375RUM they make a improved version called the box monkey I don't know of any realilistic advantage with having to make cases and such. My 375 with the 350 smk will shoot over 2700fps easily and stays over 1000fps beyond a mile super accurate 3 shots at 200 was smaller than a dime

I have been doing alot of research on a new build that I am trying to get started. I initially was wanting to build something in .408 Cheytac or .375 cheytac but was concerned about the price of reloading and shooting these expensive chamberings not to mention I would have to buy a XL action to acomodate these two Catridges. I then started looking at the 338 Lapua Magnum and wondered if there was a .375 Caliber Chambering out there that would bridge the gap between the 338 LM and the .375 CT. I found the .388 and .375 Allen Express but was wondering if there are other names out there for a 338 Lapua case necked up to .375 and having the case improved with a 40deg shoulder or a 37deg shoulder. I like the balistics of the .375 bullets and have been told that the .375 chambering would give a longer barrel life. I found a reamer for a .375-.338 Lapua Socom but have not found any information on this chambering. I looked up Kirby Allen's website and like what I see in his .375 Allen Express but I really was hoping to be able to do this build over a long period of time as I don't have 5 or 6 G's to spend in one huge impulse buy. I was hoping to be able to figure out what I want as far as a chambering and then slowly order the reamers, barrel, action etc. while storing up funds for the final build. Anybody out there know if there is anything else in a .375-.338 Lapua chambering that is a Improved version as well or does anybody have a reamer in what I want?

Suggest you contact (call, not e-mail) PTG and JGS an see what reamers they might have available - listed on their website does not mean "in stock" - the idea is to get them to tell you what matches your requirement of .375 caliber based on the 338 LM case and see what they already have reamer prints for. Both will e-mail you prints and you can go from there. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.