338 LM sightin using Clean & Cold Bore grp

jackem

This is a new rifle with 33 total rounds fired. Just mounted a NF NSX 5.5-20

My son fired this group using factory loaded HSM 300 grain HPBT. Shooting almost dead into a 5 mph wind so there should of been almost no effect from wind. The clean bore/cold bore first shot was the one to the right.

The wind came up after that so I made no adjustments to the windage zero on scope while at the range. However, I think 2 clicks to the right and go shoot again on a non windy day to verify?

Jack

Attachments

• 100ydcold:cleanboreJT.jpg
    100ydcold:cleanboreJT.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 122
Looks like you have a shooter!
I alway set the zero in the condition I will shoot my first shot at game. For me it is a cold bore with a slightly fouled barrel.(3-5 shots for instance)

I'm very pleased with the rifle so far using factory ammo, should be even better with handloads which are in the "coming soon" stage.

This is the first rifle I'm keeping a log for; load data, number of rds fired, and any adjustments made to the scope. I also plan to record/map cold bore shots when possible. Hope to get a fouled cold bore group in the near future to compare.

Jack

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.