Cold Bore Trick

I always set my zero off the 1st round down the tube for hunting. But those guys have figured out the first shot flyer. I'm impressed. A friend and I were at the CMP range in Talladega Ala. And got into a mild dust up with the range officer there because we wanted them to pop up the 600 yard target right off the bat. They refuse wanting us to start at 200 and work up. We told him we had done all the close work and wanted to see where a cold bore 600 was hitting. My buddy was asking for his money back when someone with a brain intervened.

@Rosebud I understand the frustration. Problem is people who can come within five feet of the target at 600 cold bore is a single digit percentage. I get reminded frequently shooting with friends and at a public range where 95%+ of shooters skill sets are at.

@Rosebud I understand the frustration. Problem is people who can come within five feet of the target at 600 cold bore is a single digit percentage. I get reminded frequently shooting with friends and at a public range where 95%+ of shooters skill sets are at.
We had been shooting there the day before, this was a new guy who didn't know us. I understood where he was coming from, but he wouldn't listen to anything we said. Got straightened out by another range master who saw is there the day before. We have stopped going there. They have priced us out. Cool place, but man, they charge out the wazoo.

Interesting on your timing posting this video, I'm having an issue with the first shot and have read every answer on why it happens, none of which pertain to my situation. I'll give it a try this weekend, what the heck, I've got nothing to lose except my reputation which is already shot to heck

The black powder cartridge guys did this after a few rounds but to just soften the blackpowder deposits from the last few shots. Was typically done numerous times in a 10 shot string of fire.