357 Maximum Rifle, 225gr SBT

Jerry,
The following powders can be used depending upon bullet weight. I like Lil Gun and 1680 for most of my loads. W296 and H110 are really close in performance but I settled on W296 for my needs.
Lil Gun
W296
H110
AC5744
AC1680

FYI i left mike at 357maximum a voicemail...

Muddy, I think I've found the right guy for brain picking.
If you get the 1.8 inch 357 going by all means, post it on here, if its not asking too much.

Going forward, if I need to know anything else, it'll be on here, or a pm headed your way.

Again, Thanks for all you do on here.

Disagree, not faster than a .357 Max out of a rifle barrel. Anyone that shoots a .357 Max out of a rifle barrel will shoot slightly faster than the 350 Legend. I think it is a great cartridge and has some advantages over the Max as a rimless but the Max will shoot 180 FNSP Speer out of my 24" barrel over 2200 fps which according to Win is 100 fps faster than the Legend. This is a book load and not a hillbilly load. Heck, I was shooting Hornady 140 FTX like lasers but they blew up terribly. I like the concept and bet reloading can turn it up a notch.

Winchester just announced the 350 Legend on a straight wall 223 base case. Faster than 357 maximum. Winchester has multiple rifles in it now and so does CMMG in the AR platforms
Bountyhunter, do you have links to your info? All I had found was that they'll chamber their XPR in 350 legend. Didn't know there's any others planned.

Yep on Barnes XPB 140 .357 bullet. Shot well, best accuracy at 100 yds for me was at velocity of 2300 but did not get the accuracy at 200 yds that I wanted probably from my twist. The .358 160 gr Cutting Edge shot extremely well even at 200 yds so if I wanted to drop down in weight I think I would "bite the bullet" and shell out the $$ for them. They were great to work with on load development, seating depth etc as well. What you have to be careful about is driving a light weight "pistol" bullet at high velocity at deer. Results are not what you will want. I preferred heavier 180's, mono style like the Cutting Edge, custom like Fury or Hawke that designed their bullets for the Max level velocity. I am dealing with serious post shoulder surgery so when I get a chance (when my wife isn't looking) I will grab my load book from basement and list the bullets/velocity/accuracy that I have tried. Typing one handed is fun too...;)

Great info. I was wondering if you had shot anything with them. I still like the hardcast lead though for penetration

A reloaded Max rifle beats the hp out of the legend. I have a Encore with a 24 inch MGM barrel 1-14 twist. I started with the 180gr speer hot core flat point, I run a very heavy charge of LiL Gun, and it will do 2400fps, and shoot 1 inch groups at 100yds, the biggest problem with the speer bullet is where the cannular is located for the max, is should be lower on the bullet, all my loads shoot way better with a heavy crimp, if you'dike a bit more info ask, so I'm not writing a book here, 170gr Fury custom bullets and the 180 speers are about the only 2 bullet I use.

Give Mike Bellm a call at Bellm TCs. He is a T/C expert but more than that he is all about the 357 Max. He even started making and selling his own barrels in that chambering. He gave me some excellent info on mine.