338Edge and Quickload question

AJ Peacock

I can't find the Edge (338-300 RUM) in my quickload. I was curious if anyone had the entry, so I could add it to my files.

Second, I was looking at Midway and noticed a go gauge for 300 Rum Ackley improved and was wondering if anyone had built a 338-300RUM AI ? And if it would have any/much more capacity?

Thanks,
AJ

Use the 300 Rum file and then change the bore size to .338
Update the h2o capacity to the measured value of your fired cases.
I did that method with my 6.5 wssm and it worked out great.

Use the 300 Rum file and then change the bore size to .338
Update the h2o capacity to the measured value of your fired cases.
I did that method with my 6.5 wssm and it worked out great.

I used the 300RUM, but since I don't have an Edge and am just playing with some numbers, I don't know what water volume to change it to. I tried some known loads and the pressure was off the chart.

Thanks,
AJ

I might have figured it out, I needed to change the cross sectional bore area as well. Now things are working better. I also found a post from Shawn that the Edge holds 118gr water max.

AJ

Second, I was looking at Midway and noticed a go gauge for 300 Rum Ackley improved and was wondering if anyone had built a 338-300RUM AI ? And if it would have any/much more capacity?

Thanks,
AJ

Actually I'm working on this with Kirby now. Need to iron out some more details then I will be sending Kirby some money for a new reamer it will be a .338 designed around the 270 AM.

We got hit with a big storm on the Oregon coast and with no power I'm kind of handicapped right now, soon as I get power I'll try getting a hold of Kirby on the phone as I have a few questions for him.

AJ,
You got it. Sorry I didn't post more details but I was going to the airport to catch a flight. I wanted to at least put you on track, before I left. I am back home now.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.