338 rum

TangoOscarMike

Your best bet is to go on GunBroker and see what things are going for. Then take into account your local market and whether or not there is a premium demand for the item. $875 seems like a great price for one. I see one on GunBroker for $999 with a buy now of $1400. The new Sendero rifles, which no longer come in .338 RUM are like $1500 at msrp. If the gun is in good shape I would say that you are in the asking range of $1300 to $1400 and may end up going down to $1000 if you really NEED to sell it. I don't know if I would take under $1000 for the rifle myself. I guess it depends on how badly I needed the money. I much rather prefer to trade rifles. It seems so much more civilized.

duckhunter175

I saw the one on GB... with how soft the market is for hunting rifles I don't think they will get the buy it now... but it is a hard to find chambering.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets listed on GB in the near future. I think the price was set to sell because it isn't a sought after gun here in Texas so the guy may resell to make a quick buck.

crystalgayleguy

LRH Team Member
I saw the one on GB... with how soft the market is for hunting rifles I don't think they will get the buy it now... but it is a hard to find chambering.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets listed on GB in the near future. I think the price was set to sell because it isn't a sought after gun here in Texas so the guy may resell to make a quick buck.
I looked on GB and haven't seen it listed

TangoOscarMike

Yeah. I don't see a lot of use for it in Texas. I would think that most of the guys who would want a gun like that would be thinking moose, elk, bears etc. I'll bet if it were a 7mm RUM it would have brought top dollar in your AO. Lots of guys wanting to shoot deer waaaaaaaaay over there in TX.

I don't have much use for a 22-250 in Georgia, but if I were in prairie dog country I would probably own three. Its the same way with that big 338. A handful of long range shooters might like it, but thats about it.

If I bought one for a good price I would hold on to it I think.

duckhunter175

I plan on holding on to it I was the guy at mesquite who pulled it off the rack

Small world!! And great snag, I don't think they knew what they had. I'm a lefty but was going to take it anyways but I hesitated when it was at one of the first tables I walked past.

Ended up building a 338RUM with Alamo Precision-- tack driver so far with factory 250gr LRX out to 800 yards.

If you ever decide to move that rifle lemme know!

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce