New 338/300 RUM from Kirby

Freakshow

I just got my new 338/300RUM from Kirby yesterday. I got to throw a load together consisting of 96grains of R25 behind a 250gr SGK. This will probably be the only time I get to shoot it for a while. The Army is sending me on a deployment and my plane leaves at 0500 in the morning. I wanted to at least break in the barrel befor I leave. "THOR" doesn't like this load much but i'm sure he'll like some 300grSMK and 7828.
Kirby,
You were right about the trigger. You did as good a job as can be expected from a factory one, but its got to go. You did a hell of a job on the rifle and I would like to thank you my friend. It is everything I hoped for and can't wait to see how good it shoots when I get home. You have my buiseness from now on.
I'll try to send ya'll an e-mail when I get settled in.
God Bless America....and to ceg1963-RLTW!
Bravo-4 out!

Bravo 4,

Take care on your deployment and get back safe!!

I know your rifle likes the 225 gr Accubonds as that is what I range tested it with so if nothing else you can use that bullet which is a pretty impressive long range bullet, especially for big game hunting.

Let us know how she runs when you get back!

Thanks for your service!!

Kirby Allen(50)

When you return shoot me an email I have much data for this caliber! No need wearing it out to find a good load just be stocking up on 7828,R25, and WMR if you can find any.

[ QUOTE ]
The Army is sending me on a deployment and my plane leaves at 0500 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you and stay safe! God bless.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.