338 rum

Your best bet is to go on GunBroker and see what things are going for. Then take into account your local market and whether or not there is a premium demand for the item. $875 seems like a great price for one. I see one on GunBroker for $999 with a buy now of $1400. The new Sendero rifles, which no longer come in .338 RUM are like $1500 at msrp. If the gun is in good shape I would say that you are in the asking range of $1300 to $1400 and may end up going down to $1000 if you really NEED to sell it. I don't know if I would take under $1000 for the rifle myself. I guess it depends on how badly I needed the money. I much rather prefer to trade rifles. It seems so much more civilized.

I saw the one on GB... with how soft the market is for hunting rifles I don't think they will get the buy it now... but it is a hard to find chambering.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets listed on GB in the near future. I think the price was set to sell because it isn't a sought after gun here in Texas so the guy may resell to make a quick buck.

I saw the one on GB... with how soft the market is for hunting rifles I don't think they will get the buy it now... but it is a hard to find chambering.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets listed on GB in the near future. I think the price was set to sell because it isn't a sought after gun here in Texas so the guy may resell to make a quick buck.
I looked on GB and haven't seen it listed

Yeah. I don't see a lot of use for it in Texas. I would think that most of the guys who would want a gun like that would be thinking moose, elk, bears etc. I'll bet if it were a 7mm RUM it would have brought top dollar in your AO. Lots of guys wanting to shoot deer waaaaaaaaay over there in TX.

I don't have much use for a 22-250 in Georgia, but if I were in prairie dog country I would probably own three. Its the same way with that big 338. A handful of long range shooters might like it, but thats about it.

If I bought one for a good price I would hold on to it I think.

I plan on holding on to it I was the guy at mesquite who pulled it off the rack

Small world!! And great snag, I don't think they knew what they had. I'm a lefty but was going to take it anyways but I hesitated when it was at one of the first tables I walked past.

Ended up building a 338RUM with Alamo Precision-- tack driver so far with factory 250gr LRX out to 800 yards.

If you ever decide to move that rifle lemme know!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.