338 RUM brass availability

sanjuanfly

Does anyone have info on the lack of 338 RUM brass in the world? I have over 300 pieces on order, but they keep pushing back the ship date.

I think there are enough of us asking this question to warrant our own section. I we were all closer together we could start a club meet for coffee, and ask if anybody had new leads.
A lot of us have been "backordered" since January.
My last contact with Nosler got me an e-mail dated 8/30, that states it's in house and shipping within 2 weeks ( hey that's today). I was also told 7/15 etc. Nosler's credibility with me has expired.
Hope it helps knowing a bunch of us are in the same boat.

Yessir, you're correct about that... thank heavens I'm sitting on 400-500 cases I've got rat holed :D IIRC there was a thread on here where someone was reforming 300RUM brass with good success... might give it a whirl just for kicks... if not, welcome me to the support group! lol

As I was buying what seemed like the last 100 in the world, I asked my go too, where are all the 338 RUM brass? He said that they are out of production for a year. Remington said that production will start again sometime in very late 2011 or early 2012. I have 3 RUM's and have been buying all that I can find for the last year, which isn't many.

Last edited:
Just send me your 338 RUM and I'll make it an Edge then you can buy edge dies from me and all the nosler brass you need.

Bahahahahaaaaaaa

One of my "secret" brass sources is armsandammo.com The website claims 338 RUM brass is in stock.

Just a suggestion!:) And good luck!

Hey Guys, guess what I have in stock...........
Nosler Custom 338 Remington Ultra Mag Brass. I bought all my supplier had but that was only 10 boxes, so if you want some, better hurry. Check it out here > Shoot-Long.com
When you click the link just scroll down to see the brass and other goodies. If it says "In Stock " under the price then I still have some, if it says "On Order" its all gone.

Thanks
Brian

I just traded my 338 RUM for a 7 mag due to the lack of brass. Mark Whitlock at Mark's outdoors in Birmingham AL said that the caliber has been discontinued. If that is the case good luck with remington making more brass. I contacted remington via their website and they would not give me any information about when more would be available. They gave me a list of their retailers to find it. I contacted EVERY one and it is not to be had. Nosler maybe your only choice for the time being.

Hope that 2 cents helps

Ljmann22

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.